Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virago 250 stolen :-/

• 16-08-2023 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

On the way to the Gardai to report it, stolen from Templeogue near Tymon Park if anyone has any ideas/leads.

thanks in advance!

92 WW 3839

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

That's crap. Another one taken. I'm on the road this week in Dublin so will keep an eye out. Put it on facebook "stolen bikes Ireland".

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭iqmdublin

So, found it burnt out in a local park…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Sh*te that's a balls. Did you have FC insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Jesus, sometimes there is a case for knee capping and waterboarding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Ah that's a balls. Sorry to hear this. Great bike those. Had one in the late 90's. Fingers crossed it'll crop up for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭goblin59

will insurance let you keep it, or do they want to scrap it as part of the payout?

rubber and stuff is fucked, but you could save that engine and probally the frame if you wanted a long term project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Would have thought a 250 virago was safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

What are the scrotes doing with the stolen bikes? Joyriding, selling them, exporting, breaking for parts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

In the old west, you’d hang for stealin’ a man’s horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Galway races? Bertie would've hung you by the bollocks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Sorry to hear/see this OP. Hopefully your insurance will cover it. Was the bike locked or anything or was it just a bunch of kids wheeled it away and then torched it when they couldn't get it going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭goblin59

Joyriding by the looks of it!

In the UK i know they were being chopped for parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Little scrotes, should have their hands cut off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Judging by the non stop supply of them flying around me thanks to living beside Ballymun they are joyriding in broad daylight without a care in the world and then dumping/burning them out after they get bored

Post edited by batman_oh on

No idea, rang a few times, they still haven’t gotten back to me and sorted that side of things out. Third party fire and theft, not sure what the story will be; or if it would shoot up the premium

Handlebar lock on, I do have a few ‘not so great’ locks as well, but they weren’t on it that evening.

Don’t think they got it going, didn’t see any tracks in any of the fields, seems they literally just took it and burnt it. No grass or anything on the back tyre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Sorry to hear about that dude, heart breaking seeing that happen your machine just to satisfy the boredom of feral pond rats.

I wonder if you'll be able to keep the remains, or buy it back from whoever for a token amount - there are tons of Virago 250 restoration/customisation projects on youtube. I restored and customised an old Honda CB 400N recently and it's really satifying if you're into that kind of thing.

Advertisement