Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Plush289

Don't know much about the Roisin Murphy situation but hope it doesn't stop Ping Pong Disco from returning next year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Theres ACDC gone from Portlaw ........ 😣

Who wudda thunk it .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Always been a big fan of the Nationals material but generally not a band that I'd be very excited for a festival. Anything past 9 O'clock and I want to either dance or jump around, not stand and observe in melancholy. But I'll definitely go and see them still, their debut and Alligator are all time favourite albums of mine. Haven't listened to any of their very recent stuff, wasn't into anything from the 2010's as found it all had that overly-processed production that plagues a lot of contemporary rock and indie for me.

BTP and ATN very uninspired bookings in my opinion recent years. Recycling the same acts year over year, rarely anything that interesting, mostly acts that play in Ireland all the time. There's some pretty decent Irish bands coming up at the moment. I'm hoping the likes of Sprints, Search Results, Melts, Chalk, New Dad show up. @Fanirish any insight as to electronic music? Thought 2022 was much better/diverse for DJs; likes of Sherelle, Anz, Ki/Ki, Joy O, Or:la etc... Last year was a lot of house, almost seemed like a change in direction. Locals DJs like Ema and Dylan Fogarty ended up stealing the show for me.

Regardless of the lineup, ATN is such a buzz that's its unmissable for me. There's always enough going on to find something cool, last year don't think I ended up at the main stage at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Chalk are brilliant live, they really should grab them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Excited now for the next announcement! I’m really happy with what’s there so far

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭TenPicnics

On a different note, just got an email that Pink Moon will now be at ATN, which is good news, I think, if it's to the standard they have at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Things are shaping up pretty well for them so far. Hopefully will hear something from them soon. Pino moon a nice addition alright, wonder where they'll go, somewhere nearish to the main stage one would guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭LowOdour

First year at ATN and tempted to go Pink Moon....but the money ugggh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Reckon they could be added, POD did have them at forbidden fruit one year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I saw this announcement and thought the same but didn't dare say it! Would be class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,522 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ah god they would be amazing. I put both themselves and Future Islands down on the feedback form last year, would've been happy enough with one. I've said it before but I think the War on Drugs in Curraghmore would have potential to be my dream gig.

Don't think it will happen this year but have a feeling they will play eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Shank Williams

Dates don’t seem to line up that well in that there doing England early June and then off to mainlandEurope /Scandinavia in mid july

plus they played hear last 2 years on trot

would seem to be ideal size and fit right now for ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Wouldn't be surprised to see Orbital on lineup, doing a load if festivals this summer, the Vicar Street gig in May is sold out, they haven't played ATN since 2019, and there really needs to be a big electronic act on the main stage late night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭RINO87

Wouldn't be surprised either but would be a little bit disappointed. They're great and all but they're close to Chic levels of saturation at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭antfin

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭crl84

If we're going legacy acts, I'd prefer to see Orbital again than the likes of Underworld, Leftfield, Groove Armada or a Basement Jaxx DJ set. Or Hot Chip.

Leftfield were brilliant at BTP last summer, I'd happily see them again at ATN

Bicep would be perfect, unfortunately it looks like they're only touring that Chroma AV DJ set, which we could see at ATN but it would be in the main tent, not main stage IMO

Faithless are back touring this summer, that would be emotional, interested to see how they manage their live show without Maxi Jazz, think they're only doing a couple of shows so unlikely to play Ireland or ATN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭nomoedoe

Jon Hopkins was excellent in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Saw him at EP a few years ago and was class. Absolutely love his remix of Orbital's Halcyon.

Paul kalkbrennar would be great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭RINO87

A proper Geroge Fitzgearld live show, not a DJ set would be cool to close one of the bigger stages. Not sure he could take on the main stage tho.

John Talabot might just pull off a main stage closer set.

Laurent Garnier still pops up here and there too 🙂

Recycling acts again but if we were to see Hot Chip do a full show again I wouldn't be complaining!! 2019 was pure joy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Barry can’t swim will be headlining as late night electronic act one of the nights. Absolutely massive now, sold out vicar st in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭rubick

Floorplan would be good value down at Arcadia if they are going for that style again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Christ No!!!!!! Absolute dogshite. His set last year was appalling. Well, the 10 minutes i had the misfortune of witnessing before i hightailed it out of there.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You missed out.. was one of the best of the weekend IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

He has a couple of great songs, but I haven't listened to a huge amount of his work. Missed him last year but will defo go see him this year.

Advertisement