Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Ruanmcg

A bicep DJ set would be pretty cool. Not a fan of the crowd they usually attract but they have a great taste in tunes spanning the history of rave. They've been playing some huge jungle tracks recently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

EP line up announcement on Friday. Would that have any influence on when ATN might announce more acts? Or is it all the one with EP sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Fanirish

no influence.
    People should realise that festival announcements aren’t just magically thrown out in the wild. They have to be agreed and scheduled with agents, managers and pr team week or two in advance.

Yeah but if they've it all agreed wouldn't be too hard to bring it slightly forward you'd imagine. Hopefully it's out soon anyway regardless

nothing is agreed to the day before. Agents will be asking promoter to move Artist the poster, move them ahead of another artist etc till the deadline imposed by the promoter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Arcadia lineup dropping soon according to ATN socials, really didn't like the location last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,522 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah the location mixed in with the muck made it almost a no go area for me the whole weekend, although was there for a while on the Thursday. Although even when it was in it's previous very central location I found it more of a place you'd stick for a while passing through as opposed to a stage I'd spend a decent amount of time at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Or:la closing the festival at Arcadia in old position (much better) a few years ago was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kwat

Layout is the exact same as last year by the looks of it.

Some new additions….

"New in 2024, ATN Unplugged by Dingle Gin is new area nestled within the Wellfield woods.
    This area plays host to a live music stage, featuring Irish traditional music sessions and
    stripped back acoustic sets in a spectacular, intimate forest setting. Adjacent to the stage,
    you will find the Dingle Gin bar, which will be serving botanical cocktails and summer
    refreshments to festival goers.
    Situated among ancient yew trees is ATN’s newest stage, Yew Tú, where novelty and
    playfulness abound. The acoustic properties of wood from structures and the surrounding
    trees will be used to create a resonant setting for an intimate stage."

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Arcadia is a great spot to transition through, it was in a great location, until last year. Now it's out of the way at the periphery of the festival, which is a shame. Last year's mud didn't help and it was really dangerous trying to get down there in the dark last year, poorly lit and signposted. If they are keeping the location for this year they need to consider ease of access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭rubick

I honestly prefer the new Arcadia location, purely because it's a larger area. Totally agree about the pathways leading to it however, they weren't ready for that. Hopefully a lot of lessons learned should we get another storm like the Friday last year.

yeah it’s outgrown the old spot. People know where it is this year, hopefully better weather and lighting on the way and we are laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Is it bigger though? It was an enclosed area last year, and was far too rammed at times. In the old spot it wasn't enclosed, so you could stand way back and be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭rubick

I think it's definitely a larger area. For Robert Hood we were right against the railings next the dragon sculpture which was busy, but I think it was the ground conditions more than footfall that made everything seem rammed. It was grand on the Thursday and later in the weekend. Guess people couldn't get to it or sacked it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Coz

I'd a big issue with the schlep to Arcadia, ELG and Ping Pong. It would have been much better if it was a circuit that brought you back to main arena.

But instead it was a hike to the middle of nowhere and then you had to hike all the way back. The mud didn't help but it felt like a massive waste of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭TenPicnics

I m really REALLY hoping they bring good Ping

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jacksmithk

noob at this festival, how tight are they on the ages for kids, ill have one who is literally 13 the week before?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,394 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

youll be fine………
    My 16 & 14 year olds walked into family camping on the Saturday afternoon ..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭endainoz

Comedy lineup out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭crl84

I suppose the one sexual assault allegation out of many made against Al Porter that actually made it to court was eventually dropped, so.....

I see ATN have deleted comments under the Insta post and eventually deleted all comments and locked them now too. Also seem to have deleted their Insta story.

Only copped he was on it after. A controversial booking alright

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭crl84

Arcadia lineup tomorrow

He seems to have been back in the public eye on recent times alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Whatever about Roisin Murphy, but booking Al Porter for a festival is madness. I’m sure people will argue he should be allowed resume his career but people can choose to go see him at his own gigs. Knowing my money is going towards him leaves a sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I don’t know quite what to say on it so it’s probably best to say nothing

• Subscribers Posts: 41,578 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Let him off, I won't be going to see him anyway

Same, comedy lineups never bothered me too much anyway. I do often wonder how many music stars I've seen over the years that had similar allegations/future allegations against them. Porter seems to have taken ownership of his behaviour in the past, and while I'm obviously not one of his victims or anything, I do think he deserves another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Fully agree with the verdict that Arcadia was in an awful spot last year.

Even if the sun was shining it would be an absolute trek and the fact that it was effectively in a cul de sac, and didn't loop back into the campsite/festival, compounded matters.

Praying they move it back to its original location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭TenPicnics

And PingPong Disco, they effectively killed that last year by a senseless change of location. Hope they listened to the feedback from us about 2023.

Advertisement