Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭RINO87

We took our 3 year old to Body and Soul last year....before I had always seen others with their smallies at a festival and thought it looked like a hard slog, but in reality it was absolutel magic!! Even with the downpours that hit body and soul last year, our little girl was happy to play in it and I was happy to play with her!!

As an earlier poster said, let the kids dictate the daytime, where to go, what to do etc...face paint and an ice cream or two and you will be a hero!!

Now my better half was well pregnant so was happy to take smallie at night time and let me go play....Still had to take it relatively easy as I was the mule for everyone in the daytime, but it was well worth it.

A totally different festival experience yes, but one of the most enjoyable I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

@RINO87 interesting, thanks!

ATN seems to have a family ticket to get to the family area. I think my wife would need a fold out bed or something as sleeping on the ground wouldn't work so well. What did your wife do while pregnant?

Unfortunately it looks like the boutique camping excludes families at ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭RINO87

If your partner is pregnant shoot the organizers a mail with a letter from your Doc, and they will give you a pass for the accessible campsite. At B&S it was just a fenced off area in staff camping but it was a very short walk to the arena, and it had its own toilet. We were able to drive straight in too, so no Q'ing. The team at B&S dis an exceptional job in this regard and I'm sure ATN would be the same.

We went to a good few outdoor gigs early last summer, as we knew the rest of the summer was off the cards, and it was the same story. Everyone was great to deal with. While I'm at it I must give a shout out to the lady from MCD that ran the Accessibility platform in St. Annes Park last June. Someone clearly at the top of their game, with incredible awareness and respect for those that were essentially, in her care.

For sleeping, our camper was in bits in my shed at that stage, so we just took a regular panel van with a mattress and stuff for my partner and 3 year old, rigged up an "awning" out of a tarp for sitting outside, I slept in my tent under the tarp too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Doc07

I’m bringing a family to Podpads boutique camping. Was a bit paranoid that maybe it was adult only area so I emailed them so there would be absolutely no confusion that I was bringing kids , age 10,8 and 7 months old little girl. They were happy for me to book in , it’s expensive but I’m justifying it as we will probably only do this once ever.
    the only downside I suppose is that there won’t be many (maybe none!) other families camping beside us but we will bring the kids to the kids stuff during the daytime anyway….and the 2 boys get a thrill to stay up late and see the Prodigy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Griff77

Anyone have any idea how sales are going? I’m hoping to go, but won’t know until the week or two before. Just wondering if I should hedge my bets and get a ticket now or hold fire. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭endainoz

Why would you hold off if you want to go? Is it the hope of getting a cheaper ticket or what? Be safe enough holding off anyway, usually a good few on toutless closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Griff77

I have a family event on either the Friday or Saturday the weekend of ATN. If it’s the Friday I’ll head down Saturday morning. If it’s the Saturday I can’t go. It’s 50/50 at the moment as waiting on family to book flights

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭mojesius

Anyone stayed in 2 person tippee tent before in boutique camping? If so, are they comfy enough/dry? And would you need two single air beds rather than a double with the pole in the middle? We usually hire a campervan but trying to save for one and the trek last year was a bit much! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭sh89000

Bicep out of the question after finishing FF/ LATM??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Fanirish

yeah.
    probably headline ATN next year given POD bookings set up

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭sh89000

Ah I see. Yeah I thought this year would be a stretch. The natural amphitheatre at ATN would be fantastic for their lightshow. They were brilliant at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I was looking at site layout applications for this year and last year, and camping locations look pretty different from what I could figure out

My uneducated guess is thst it will sit near Basecamp/family camping. Anyone any insights on this?

Im still undecided on what pre-pitch camping optio.n to go for, so dont want to fork on for PM and it be in a worse location than BaseCamp.

Also, if anyone has stayed in those basecamp 2 man tents id be keen to hear about their quality

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is there a massive between Camplight vs Pink Moon/Boutique camping? Apart from the prices. Is Camplight just a section with prepitched tents with no other benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

Prepitched is basically just a section of general camping fenced off. The tents are just normal tents prepitched with some other offerings like matresses etc and no extra facilities, with the exception of it being in a good location closer to the main walkway to the arena and closer to the general showers, toilets, shop, food/coffee etc.

Pink Moon and the other boutique camping have their own facilities and, with the exception of the Pink Moon option to use your own tent, they have various levels of luxury tent options.

Edit: it looks like Pink Moon isn't offering a self pitch option at All Together Now but just their own various levels of tent options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭LowOdour

On the ATN website, Pink Moon is under the pre-pitched section, not botique. This is the confusing part - hence my wonder if it will be located beside basecamp and not botique area

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

The Pink Moon website lists a range of services that are more akin to the boutique campsite than just the pre-pitch including their pamper parlour so I assume it won't just be like the Bass Camp or Camplight which is just a section of general camping without extra facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,864 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw Confidence Man up at The Park at Glastonbury last year, and they were great fun!

Pure energy.. they were giving it absolute socks for the set!

If the sun is out, the atmosphere will be a corker!

Yeah they'll be great fun for an aul bop anyway, Now you Do is a great tune, really early 00s pop dance vibe from it. ATN do have a great record of booking fun pop acts. I'm glad everything doesn't have to be so serious all the time. The lineup has something for everyone as it did last year.

Ealú le grá added. Highly recommend Bog Bodies, they were great fun last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭Rfrip

oh yay Neil Flynn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Where was Ealu le Gra, never got there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Coz

Out in the schticks beside Ping Pong.

There's a pathway down the side of the Schweppes tent that brings you to Arcadia. Go on past that and you end up at Ping Pong and ELG. You're at the Londis end of the campsite.

I think they did it deliberately to herd people away from the arena at night.

The year before last Ping Pong kept running late and had to be shut down

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭TenPicnics

I didn't like the change of location last year at all, and the dodgy muddy ground conditions, on narrow crowded paths (seriously bad), just to get from main stage area to those was actually dangerous at times. Hope it's not the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chembele

I have a group of friends staying with Silk Road Tents and then 1 couple looking at Pink Moon, as SR have minimum 4 person tents.

Does anyone know if boutique camping companies share campsite space with easy movement between them?

As mentioned above Pink Moon are under different dropdown menu on website (pre-pitched, not boutique) so wondering if they'll be totally separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Coz

If it wasn't for the weather it would have been a nice meander under the festoon lights but it's still a path to nowhere. Would be nice if it looped back to main arena

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yep it wasn't in a pleasant location, partially due to the muck everywhere. I went into the SKOW tent for Overmono with the ground in good nick, came out 3 hours later after Todd Terje and was in utter disbelief at the state of the ground - had to double check how long I'd been in that tent.

We walked to Ping Pong Disco after which was extremely sobering so by the time I actually got there I'd decided bed was a better bet. Hopefully not the same conditions this year!

Its a bit early for weather predictions as yet, however current conditions are quite good, ground is pretty dry and hard and long term forecast are tentatively positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭TenPicnics

The lay-out of the arena and routes to the various stages was changed last year, not for the better. The bad weather made it worse by making it dangerous. There was totally inadequate ground preparation. I really hope we're lucky with the weather, and that they learned lessons from last year regarding ground cover. But it seems the layout from last year is back, which is disappointing, and makes those other 2 factors even more important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

That was my exact experience, once I'd seen the forecast I'd made the decision to just stay in SKOW for the night, headed in for Overmono and didn't move, but by middle of Todd Terje set the ground in SKOW was cutting up and rainwater was flowing in, had intended to wander over to Arcadia afterwards but once I seen state of ground said f*** that and we skated & slid back to the Boutique area, never experienced ground cutting up so quickly at a festival, but iirc June/July were pretty much a washout last summer so it was a perfect storm (pardon the pun), the ground was at saturation point anyway. It's been a pretty wet winter too, what we really need is a relatively dry July in the lead up to the festival, as much as I love ATN the layout of the site does not lend itself well to conditions like last year, really dangerous in places.

Advertisement