Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Pretty happy with the day breakdowns. Im probably going to skip the Friday and head Saturday morning so other than Murder Capital and Glass Beams, nothing im too bothered about missing. Future Islands - Slowdive clash is going to be a pain though

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was disappointing to see Confidence Man on Lovely Days lineup yesterday with the chance of a clash with Main Stage.. but zero interest in Jorga Smith, so looking pretty clash-free for me so far bar maybe a risk of Barry Can't Swim vs Houseplants on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Fanirish

would say that and they can’t announce until his Dublin show is sold outs

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Do we think those pictures really show the right order of appearance?

The wording used is "in order of billing" and I would have guessed someone like George Fitzgerald would be on Lovely Days late night (1-3am say) with Confidence Man on before that? There's a few cases like that where I'd expect a dance act on late night based on previous ATN experience.

I do think the pictures are largely in order of appearance as that's the way things are billed most of the time, but I am expecting a few differences when we see actual stage times.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'd imagine you're correct, main stage on Saturday for example, guaranteed that Roisin Murphy closes the stage late night and National on before her. I just hope they balance out the acts and there aren't huge clashes across the weekend, easier said than done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Kalkbrenner on Sunday is poxy. Woulda been much better on Fri or Sat.

Yeah, The National and Roisin Murphy in a similar slot to Caribou and Jamie XX from last year makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m suspecting il have a good few clashes which is something that hasn’t happened for me at a festival in a few years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Are there ever Sunday tickets released for ATN?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Fanirish

not for sale. Sunday guestlist and local residents day tickets exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Rfrip

oh absolutely! Just another confirmation my ep days are behind me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I used to think that festival's would love to put on something like this. It's not a tough listen. I've since given up that dream and all hope is now lost. Ah, i'm just tired, bored and frustrated with the situation here. I've never been less enthused about the summer festivities than i am this year.

@Stillill42 has the right idea, get out of Ireland if you want to hear decent music all weekend.

Oh, and that is the actual lightshow above, no post-production trickery 😎😁

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Is Cambium Club no longer a thing at ATN 24? Really enjoyed it every time I popped my nose in last year so would be a pity if so…

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CorkScot

Like I typed this myself! Same thought process and just chatted to my wife and proposed the same strategy (we generally arrive early Friday and bail on Sunday, but line up is just too good this Sunday). She already has low level anxiety about the unpredictable terrain that is full general camping on a Saturday morning at ATN. Think it maybe PTSD from the Sat morning last year in general camping where the place didn't look its best 😀

Anybody have any experience rocking up on the Sat morn and pitching in general camping? Our air tent takes up a bit of space. Wondering if we'll find that space. Pretty jammers last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CorkScot

Saw Houseplants at BTP last weekend. An absolute highlight of the weekend for sure and there was plenty competition. They sounded great, were obviously enjoying themselves and played a really tight set.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Anyone know if George Fitzgerald is playing live (2019) or just a DJ set (2022)?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭crl84

Said it a few months ago, but when Arcadia was announced on its own, they had special guest on the graphic. Then when they did a post a few days later with all the announced acts so far, they had Tommy Holohan headlining Sunday on the Arcadia graphic. Deleted it within a couple of days, and went back to being Special Guest on subsequent posts.

So either he's the special guest and was accidentally revealed, or he was supposed to be headlining Sunday, but pulled out shortly before the Arcadia announcement and they out Special Guest down as a placeholder.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭hugeglobe

If you go a bit further as you come in towards where the pre pitched and campers are, there was plenty of space there all weekend last year. Takes virtually the same time to get into the actual festival site but you're entering down by the belonging bandstand. Found it to be a bit more relaxed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭crl84

I see someone has begun updating clashfinder using last year's times. Final thing probably won't be too far different:

https://clashfinder.com/s/atn24/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Coz

On the Thursday last year, was the entire campsite open or just sections? Thinking of doing the Thursday this year but want to be sure we can get there or thereabouts to our usual spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think it was everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭endainoz

Looks like we have a new stage in the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭darzog

it was…but I had decided to pitch waaaaay over to the side in the big empty space between the campervan area and family camping (the first to do so). A hi-vis clad youngster came over to say that I couldn’t pitch there. I had to show him the site map on the App to show that it was a legit spot. So if you decide to pitch in the boondocks, stand your ground and don’t be put off by security who haven’t been briefed correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭LowOdour

If we got something close to that I would be a happy camper. Id have 8 acts Id want to see over 2 evenings without any clashes…unheard of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Must remember that, as I do like a quiet corner, being the weirdo/saddo I am…

Confidence Man were set of the afternoon at Friday Glasto. Superb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

IDLES too big an announcement at this stage, I presume?

Only saw them at LCD Wednesday night, but they'd hit even better in a proper-festie setting.

Advertisement