Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I get all that, I didn't say it was straight forward, I love the diversity of glastonbury, and they usually get it right, I just don't think they did this year, maybe there is a shortage of acts that can take on that particular headline slot, the fact that Coldplay have filled it on 5 different occassions speaks to that

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Coz

So Mathman and Mango are both performing at the same festival......

What are the chances of a reunion??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Have you never looked at the sky and screamed your lungs out? Very cathartic.

Is it nonsense though? Comments from Emily Eavis in recent years would suggest it's a consideration.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It's nonsense that it's a box-ticking exercise, as you put it. Emily Eavis obviously genuinely cares about women being represented in festival lineups, so it's a personal passion not some kind of PR routine for 'optics'

I just find it laughable that some people are so incapable of believing that others might genuinely care about something just because they don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭El Director

+1 for the VPN and iPlayer combo for the whole month of July as you have 30 days to stream most of the sets and there is loads of stuff to binge this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭El Director

Hi all, I thought there was no way I could go this year, 3-month baby at home, but it is looking a bit more promising now so I think I can allow myself to discover the line-up and start thinking of making my 5th ATN! Watching Glastonbury on the iPlayer has really wet the lips!

A bit light on headliners for me but plenty further down the the festival poster to keep me poppin' (poppin' the kids still use this term, right?). Sunday looks like it may be the best day for my tastes but I could be pushing my luck looking to stay for the 3 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Laugh away. It was originally meant as a throwaway comment anyway, with perhaps a tiny grain of truth to it. I have no strong opinion about it either way.

However, i am incapable of believing that others might genuinely care about Barry Can't Swim.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Old Bazza is well loved, soz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Barry Can't Swim is great. Looking forward to seeing him if I make ATN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Peesh89

Lads, I haven't even been able to lurk around here for fear of the FOMO..

..but I've come crawling back!! It's taken a week but I have healed my mind and body after Beyond The Pale and the want for another festival has hit hard so we're scrambling to sort out grandparents to babysit for the August Bank Hol.

And thought I'd chime in with my love for Baz and his inability to swim, been dying to see him after missing the festival last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

hope the sound is better at atn for him than it was at FF, which was woeful altogether. really took away from the performance.

The sound for Barry was great last year, dunno if he'll be on the same stage

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭crl84

He's on the main stage, before Future Islands and Prodigy.

Bit of a guilty pleasure for me. It's derivative H&M House, and the live show is pre-recorded to ****, but would be enjoyable on a sunny Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jellybeano

Bazza was brilliant last year on the Lovely Days stage, not so great in Vicar Street in March. I thought the first half of his new set was slow enough and everyone was just holding out for Sunsleeper 🔊🔊🔊 The main stage always seemed to be packed last year. I’d be getting there early

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭hugeglobe

Thank god glasto is over now. Clear runway with no other festival FOMO between now and August bank hol!

Advertisement