Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Together Now 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I put Spiritualized / The Jesus & Mary Chain and Goat. The first two i put down on every festival questionaire with no luck so far!

On the debut acts, i opted for Osees, Moon Duo and Chris Liberator. Also unlikely to happen.

Stressed the importance of freeflow amongst a bunch of other stuff.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭rubick

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭roll

Had Slowdive down last year, so hoping one of Pulp, War on Drugs or Spiritualized turns up next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age and Slipknot are coming next year lads !!!

That was my 3 ..

😛 😂

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Tame Impala, King Gizzard again please, and Phoenix. Lcd would be wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I would love to see Tame Impala although their stage setup may be a little too big for ATN.

Super massive lighting rig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Yeah sadly Tame impala beyond ATN now from financial side let alone staging aspects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Doc07

orbital, Billy Scurry and …Squeeze

Also emphasised keep free flow or I won’t be back!

With two mentions each it's obvious that Spiritualized and Moon Duo are coming so could someone please mention The Bug in their suggestions? If i got those three i'd be delighted.

They should have an electronic act/dj's section on that questionnaire. Don't they realise people can like guitars and dance music too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Don't they realise people can like guitars and dance music too?"

Due to the very limited selection every year of guitar /rock music, its obvious that the emphasis is on the easy book-easy set up - djs are the main priority.

Sad but True (as metallica said) ….. 🤨

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭rubick

This was the year to get Goat, I feel. New album incoming and a small UK/EU tour. They hardly ever tour so just missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DireD

gave them a nice few lines on free flow being the best thing ever™️, hopefully they listen. as for next year - little simz (before glasto give her a headline slot in '27) , lcd or bicep. not asking for much🤭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭optogirl

Also put Little Simz - have been dying to see her live again after EP 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Dunph

I'm not in the camp of "tribute acts are a bad idea and not for ATN". I am a little confused at the idea that were any significant gaps where "nothing" was on. Were we at the same festival? I barely got half of the acts I wanted to see, running around like an eejit.

I'll accept my tastes are not for everyone so yeah, if you dont like dance music you'll not have much after midnight, but is this not the case at many major festivals?

Like I said, not against tribute acts, glasshouse, rte concert orchestra, singalong and the lads doing talking heads this year have been great fun, but I can't agree that theres some gaping hole in the ATN schedule crying out for a Pearl Jam tribute that would save an otherwise dour weekend and pull in the punters from far and wide. The weekend I was at was wall to wall fun and good times with the (very small and occasional) gaps generally filled with happy folks, food, booze and the cambium club.

ATN is, for my money, a very well curated festival and if it continues as is I will be attending for as long as my body and my wife will tolerate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

New Order is a great shout.

I put Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, The Rubberbandits (Won't happen) and Stiff Little Fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I went with New Order / David Holmes / Jon Hopkins. I also mentioned that free flow has to stay, it's what makes ATN so unique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭endainoz

Unfortunately id be sceptical about free flow next year. I really do hope I'm wrong, but if it is the case of a change of policy, then it should be clearly stated and no mixed messages like we had this year.

it was a blip of text written on an app. It was corrected straight away. Acting like they didn’t immediately respond on social media about it and were clear that it was an error. There was about 2 hours of confusion on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭gandalfio

But the app and website were live long before the text was added. So it looked like it was added deliberately. Why would they add it at all if no intention to introduce it?

Where did I say I was acting like they didn't respond? I said there was mixed messages which there were. Even though it was fixed and clarified, it was still typed out, your naiive to think that it was a random error.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭paulie13

100% agree - feels far more likely that freeflow is on borrowed time as a result of that "error" - it didn't happen by accident. My guess was it just ended up on the site pre-festival instead of post-festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭paulie13

And if they are going to change this policy, surely they need to communicate that before the loyalty tickets go on sale at the end of the month.

it was a random error as know people involved. Someone paraphrased a sentence wrong whilst typing it up. Not the end of the world. It was the week of the festival and an overworked staff made a simply error and social team quickly answered it on Instagram etc. errors happen.

Sure keep telling yourself that. I do genuinely hope you're correct though.

• Advertisement

Not only am I pretty keen to believe this, it makes sense IMO. The infrastructure needed to perform checks and manage queues of people waiting for entry would be an issue for ATN, not just in terms of customer experience but in safety and organisation. Keeping fingers crossed, but optimistic on this. That said, if/when they announce a 10k increase in attendance I'll be worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭antfin

It would almost singlehandedly change the whole vibe of the festival. Aside from the casual strolling around with a can of your favourite beer, it would make it a chore to get in and out of the main arena quickly. I know at EP I generally avoid leaving at specific times if I know there's going to be a queue to get back in. ATN feels far more relaxed by the ability to nip back to the tent quickly and not worry about queues to re-enter. Same with moving in and out to peripheral stages outside the main arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm not really a hardened festival goer.

What exactly is/was free-flowing?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,873 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Basically, bring your own beer into the festival arena

electric picnic doesn’t allow you to bring in cans from campsite. You have to go through security every time you enter the main arenas to ensure you aren’t bringing cans in.
    ATN is free flow so cans be brought whenever you go, so no security checks into main arena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

If they're to implement this they'd need to significantly improve the standard of their security, who, this year, seemed barely capable of checking wristbands, let alone checking for booze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭optogirl

I was nearly backstage of the main stage at one point after going through the wrong fence in search of the Guest Area Bar. Was wandering towards it when I realised. I flashed my Boutique Camping wristband at a lad in high vis who barely acknowledged me as I strode past. Just as well I'm not a stalker but maybe I will become one if it's this easy….

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Landers11

I didnt get my wristband until the Saturday. Did not know where to get one. Was in the Friday no problem without one. Got one on the Saturday.

Rare on a thread for a festival you'd see people wanting the security to more strict! I see the point though, saw a good few wristband checks on the Saturday and Sunday going towards main campsite alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭RINO87

The email is buried in my spam folder.....when are tge loyalty tickets on sale again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I still haven't received anything(after filling out the form) , although I got a transfered ticket this year so didn't technically buy one so maybe that's why

closing date to register for loyalty is Monday 26th at 12 noon.
    on sale the Thursday 29th at 9am

Non loyalty early bird on sale the Friday at 9am for €235

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭RINO87

Ta

Have those loyalty codes been sent out yet? Or a confirmartion email that you are registered for the sale? I've received neither despite registering the first day it was announced.

• Advertisement

I haven't received one yet. Closing date to register for it is Mon 26 Aug, so you'd assume they'll be issued soon after, with sale taking place from Thu 29 Aug.

I did get a confirmation email that I was registered (on 7 Aug).

I never got a confirmation of registration either.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Phishwax

No ATN this year due to travelling or next year due to a wedding. Sad vibes after going to the first four years. Looks like I’ll do Another love story and one other.

I’m hoping body and soul comes back with something next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Body & Soul have confirmed they’re returning next year. They have dates up on their website.

yeah but it wouldn’t be a proper “festival” from what is being touted.

Post edited by Fanirish on

sorry ya I know they are coming back but not sure what shape or form it will be…

Apologies, I did not get a confirmation email saying I'd registered. I'm fairly sure I tried to register a second time when the ATN email (about loyalty) came in later that day (after ticketmaster one), and it told me I was already registered for that email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭TenPicnics

Same with me, only I did the registration by ATN first then tried when subsequent Tmaster email about registration arrived, then got TM email saying my email was already being used. Am presuming I'm registered though like others I didn't get an actual confirmation of registration.

• Advertisement

The Ticketmaster emails says: "

If you have been found eligible to receive a loyalty code, you will receive an email on Wednesday 28 August with your code.

"

Advertisement