Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Jizique

At least Hamas didn't fly a bunch of terrorists into the grounds during their set (as happened at a music festival on Oct 7), but who knows maybe they are saving it for EP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭endainoz

The usual stuff, anti far right Ireland is full brigade. Bit about Catholic church too, all reasonable causes to talk sh1t about really.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dk1982

Probably sounded funny in your tinfoil hat wearing head

• Registered Users Posts: 19 festivalhun

Does anyone know what time you can access boutique carpark tomorrow? Thinking of leaving tonight on public transport and coming back tomorrow to the boutique carpark to grab the last few bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Fanirish

no drop off /collection access on Monday I.E it’s one way out only so you might have trouble getting back in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

We are local and went home with the kids last night around half 9 before heading out again today. Fellas were hoping the fence handy at the gate nearest to the entrance by just climbing the gate and over the fence.

They had security standing down there this evening a short while ago when we were leaving. They were also pleasing with people not to transfer wristbands.

A lot more checks around the place inside today too

They were exceptional. Any non music message was bang on point too. Especially regarding far right and Irish people being anti immigration

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Waiting here on Slowdive so a question, when exiting general carpark tomorrow are you going through fields or on some of the hard stone paths.

Plan to be gone early, but if ground tear's up ill probably need to considered earlier still.

Hard stone paths and then a road they have cut through. Be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Flinty81

Is there much chance of getting from general camping to boutique on foot tomorrow morning? I want to give some of my stuff to a friend to carry home in their car..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭RINO87

I couldn't face dipping in here for the last week or so, so looking forward to the reviews. Safe journey home everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Absolute belter of a weekend. Best festival in Ireland by a country mile. All the highlights were on Sunday weirdly: Mano Le Tough, Barry Can't Swim, The Prodigy and Paul Kalkbrenner. The amount and quality of the stages is so, so good. See everyone next year please God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,645 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…whats conditions like out there at the moment for drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Rugbyf565

that’s a weird entitlement you have to be offended at ‘politics’

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Rugbyf565

it’s like ‘weh weh just entertain me with mindless slop, be a dancing monkey’, instead of recognising that the nature of the music you’re listening to is inevitably political

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I also don't like being lectured to.

Now if it's a dedicated gig, i.e save the children, Palestine, Aids awareness etc it comes with the packaging so i accept it and probably support it in that moment.

But then I also don't like being told to 'throw my hands in the air like you just don't care.'

Escapism is what I like about gigs. Don't like to be reminded of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The music and musicians you love speak to who you are as an individual and, at a gig, who we are collectively. Looking at what's going on in the world and in all of our communities at the moment, I'm happy to know that the bands I love believe in the same things I do. The Wallopers were front and centre of the most effective counter protest I've seen yet against those Ireland's full pricks in Dundalk. More power to them. I wish there were more like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Please, enough with the political chat, we're supposing to be discussing a festival ffs! Get back home and lads want to talk politics. Christ almighty.

Slowdive, Just Mustard and Wailers the highlights for me. Overall my gut feeling is a 6/10. Full report later.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Dutchy

I had a blast this year. Mainly sound heads. Lots of new music discovered. All things considered, the weather played its part. We really need to go back to cash at festivals- the absolute fear going through my online banking and seeing 50 plus transactions for Pod Festivals, and that was with me bringing cans into the main arena...but you can't beat a freshly poured pint of plain. Speaking of which, my urine literally smelled like Guinness earlier.

Roll on EP. It has a lot to live up to

• Advertisement

Lads don't want to discuss it to be fair. One lad had a little cry and brought it up cause he was offended by musicians speaking their mind for a good cause

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Just an opinion which im 100% entitled to. Don't lose sleep over it.

Cool, Dont lose sleep over the Mary Wallpapers anti fascist opinions which they're entitled to air at their gig. Don't like it then jog on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Slept V well last night. Feed of pints does that for me. All in all a v good weekend 😎.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I wasn’t at the festival but just on the Mary Wallopers issue - I don’t mind a short, to the point, zinger for want of a better word, of a political message but THAT SHOULD BE IT - NO need to burn the ears off ppl with it.

As a wise man once said - the focus needs to be on the rhythms, the tones, the timbre, harmonics, melodies - in other words, the MUSIC should be the message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭endainoz

There was actually a beautiful moment when they played building up and tearing England down. A famous song about the hardship of Irish lads being worked to the bone on building sites in the UK.

Anyway a person had presumably their father on a video call for the song and an eagle eyed cameraman caught it on the big screen. The crowd obviously went wild, a lovely song with its own important message, as relevant today as it ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Boots87

I had a great time at ATN. I thought they done well at looking after the toilets, McBreen environmental up and down all the time, plenty of toilet roll etc. I saw no trouble at all so kudos to the crowds in general. The only negatives I have is the price of food €15 for sub standard food it is very greedy of the vendors especially when they have you dependent on them. I have a little stove and gas I could’ve brought down a lot of food for what I spent on basic sustenance. A few areas to cook would be great in future. One last thing, people should keep the area around their tents clean, some were disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Yeah, would agree with this.. Saw Lambrini Girls at Glasto and it felt like I was being lectured on every issue imaginable for the hour. It's not like I disagreed with anything she said, but it was a bit exhausting. I feel like it's mainly preaching to the converted anyway at a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Fair enough. What were they like apart from the lecturing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Another great ATN, brilliant craic, probably too much craic but seen all the main act I wanted to over weekend, as usual spent most days chilling and only really got into arena late afternoon, some of the highlights were Kiasmos, Confidence Man, Prodigy, Floating Points, Joy Anonymous, George Fitz & Paul Kalkbrenner, special shout out to Mano Le Tough at the AVA stage, danced my arse off for 3 solid hours.

Advertisement