Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I was wondering if it was worth posting anything as pros/cons have kind of been covered by others but anyways...

The main purpose of going to ATN was to see if it was a viable alternative to EP. Also went as a first-timer so pretty exciting and stressful! There is much good to note, plus a few issues. Only landed on the Saturday morning so it was shorter weekend than most

Pros
    Landed in to Pink Moon to be told that everyone that had purchased dome tents were upgraded to a Tipi tent, which was great. There weren't many camping in PM so there were only 2/3 types of tent up from what I could see.

Thought it was pretty laid back festival. No pushing or shoving through crowds. I never go front of stage of most concerts , especially EP as its too manic, but at ATN it is was accessible and was upfront for Future Islands and Slowdive.

Even with all the rain, that most of the stages are outdoor stands and not in tent really adds to the vibe. Plenty of places to sit and enjoy the music, found myself in Global Roots alot (although the clashfinder times were off so missed parts). Probably my favourite stage of the weekend.

The Guinness was really nice for a festival, and combined that with the freeflow it made me want to be in the arena and not stuck in tent with cans.

Cons
    The trek to and back from the carpark to campsite was a slog. Add to that some pretty clueless staff it was tough going.
    Also as mentioned, the amount of divots and holes in the ground was mad. Overheard tent next-door saying they done their ankle in. I also went over on my ankle. Was fine, but was very concious walking for the weekend.

Signage was poor aswell, even in main arena. Probably a newbie issue, but im sure there are plenty of the others in the same boat. I posted here about not being able to find ELG and when I was leaving on Sunday night there was a big electronic sign up from The Well pointing to Arcadia/ELG. Someone must have read my comment!

Pink Moon was an open field, so not like EP at all where it was enclosed and managed by security. Anyone could get in or out. While very quite in there, I unfortunately was beside a group who had a speaker playing some awful techno! But was grand, least it wasn't done at all hours of the morning like some on here.

Acts wise,
    Started off Saturday with Anya Stafford at Cambium Club - played some really cool records
    Filled rest of the day with Prymary Colours, Micheal Fry, Bog Bodies, Chalk and the three main acts I wanted to see
    Hak Baker was great - still the same fun as when I first seen him years ago but with additional great songs.
    The Mary Wallopers - way to much chattering around me (even when I moved) so just gave up. Never had that at a festival before
    The National were the highlight for me. Had seen the 4 times before, and last time was underwhelming so much so that I kinda went off them. But by god they were really on form Saturday.

Sunday
    Tommy Tiernan was good, thought it was going to be a conversation thing but was a standup show of sorts
    Caught The Wailers, Oxn, Future Islands, Houseplants, Slowdive and finished the weekend with the brilliant Yankari afrobeat collective.
    All in all a great 2 days

Its hard/unfair to compare it with EP, but its the only reference point I know.
    Was ATN as good as the first time I went to EP - No
    Was ATN better than the last time I went to EP - Yes

ATN has so many good things going for it, but getting others to switch to it from EP is going to be a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭DaSchmo

Yeah there was definitely an uptick in the sort of people you don't want to ba around at this year's festival

Unfortunately once something is on for long enough they get wind of it and gradually wreck it for everyone

Even campervans which usually has an older and less rowdy crowd had a big white hiace attached to another caravan with some big tents between them containing the loudest soundsystem I've ever heard in a campsite blaring the worst music known to man non stop till they crashed out on Saturday evening. I hope they are rotting this week, arseholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That immersive experience was too close to the lovely days stage, some of our crew like a sit down there under the trees if it's been a long day, kinda impossible now with the sound bleed from that new stage thumping through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

While it's still fresh in the memories, what were the experiences of those who did pink moon or glamping this year? Would consider it next year as didn't find where we normally pitch as relaxed as previous years. Or did anyone camp in a particularly decent spot in general camping this year?

I was camped just inside the line of trees at 'This Must Be The Place' and almost every night there were tunes blaring until 5am earliest (and 10am one night/morning) Location marked below.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭optogirl

EP veteran here and first time ATN 2024. Really enjoyed the festival - we managed to park very close to the boutique camping so getting from car to tent was easy. Seemed tiny compared to EP but that became a plus - you can be anywhere in 10 minutes which means no stressing about leaving one gig to get to another. Loved being able to wander about all weekend with cans rather than the painful security checks each time you enter at EP.

Highlights were Confidence Man, The National, King Kong Company, Kolsch, Slowdive, Sprints, NewDad, Paul Kalkbrenner. Prodigy were awful - massive lulls in between songs and then just sauntered off at the end. Strange.

Toilets were manky from early on Friday and was a 'steel yourself' moment each time but hey ho, we struggle on.

A few stages seemed empty around 4/5 in the day - surely a few cover bands or local pub bands could fill things up here?

Will definitely think about returning next year - would like to see a few more bigger names on the line up but as always, once you're there, you find your groove. My first festival since my husband passed and while I had a few weeps from time to time, overall I had a great time and am delighted to be back in the festival fold.

Post edited by optogirl on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

ATN are running a loyalty code for 2025, here's the registration link: https://blog.ticketmaster.ie/music/register-for-the-all-together-now-loyalty-scheme-14210?fbclid=PAZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAabaEOscE74Vzts5NS7h9mLIK0-DIo2PQj31BBrOsb31ybeVI3av5boDhJU_aem_WagVkqWtZL8YnyG8CcLmPg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Fanirish

€200 loyalty tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nux_BlackThumb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭hold my beer

How do they know how many ATNs you've been to? I've done 3 now, but can't remember how I booked 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭padraig.od

We were very close to you, camped right next to the party all Saturday night/Sunday morning crowd. I try not to get angry, I was that festival attendee once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sh89000

Its done through ticketmaster, so they'll know from your email in registration form.

I've bought two and had 1 transfered.....not sure if transfer will count but we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I am so glad to read this post and you enjoyed it x

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭crl84

From the link:

NOTE: Presale tickets are limited and subject to availability! Loyalty password access to All Together Now 2025 will be given to existing All Together Now past purchasers (those who have purchased one or more All Together Now events online) and are verified by Ticketmaster. Please make sure you register using the same email address as your previous All Together Now ticket purchases.

• Ticketmaster must be able to verify you through your email address therefore it is essential you register using the same email address as your previous All Together Now ticket purchases.
    • You must have purchased an All Together Now ticket directly from Ticketmaster online to be eligible for the Loyalty Scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sh89000

Hardly will be installment plans on loyalty tickets??

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭crl84

The email says that there's a discount of:

€66 or €50 off full price of €265 (for 3 x previous ATNs), or

€45 or €35 off full price of €265 (for 1/2 x previous ATNs)

Doesn't say what the €50 or €35 are, so might be off the installment tickets.

The blog post above doesn't have the ticket prices, or mention them in the T&Cs as far as I can see.
    I don't even have the email yet, just saw a screenshot of it from someone else.

nah never is a discount on installment plans. That’s the trade off I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Stillill42

First time for loyalty scheme at ATN? Good to see.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm pretty sure when I got my last EP tickets I did the installment which included the discount too

• Registered Users Posts: 19 festivalhun

It was the first time in 4 ATN’s that we had people in boutique camping blasting their own speaker all day and all night. They really need to get a handle on this across all campsites I think, maybe more thorough searches needed? For the good of everyone’s experiences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 damomaher

Trick to skangers and the associated noise is to Corral them , have a messers field close to Arcadia and describe it as such ( easier for Security / Garda too) , also in tandem , have a quiet man's section well away with a pre festival sign up like the eco section in EP

Pro's : Gigs were all great , sound crowd, loads to do see

Con's : Need to bin Rockshore and replace with Hop house or something , Missus lost the bag ( Wallet , Phone , Licence, cards) no sign yet , any tips welcome on recovering , Got away with it this year but need a second big tented area IMO if a big deluge comes , getting out was bad , looked like one exit for us all and with more rain could be trouble as was wheels spinning

See you next year , any help on lost items would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Ah here, I thought i was somewhat still with it on Saturday night and I'm convinced I saw these at the Global Roots stage! You have me questioning if the whole weekend was just a dream now😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rubick

The played two sets, their second set at Global Roots was amazing!

Yeah, was at EOTR last year and they have exactly that, 'Quiet camping', just a different section of general. Don't think it would take much extra organisation to give the party heads and the more mature crowd a nudge in different directions. Best of luck with the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rubick

Ah, that last sentence is making me grin in work. Glad you had a good one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Exactly how quiet does quiet camping have to be though? Surely it's not a craic-free zone altogether is it? Eco is grand but i don't think i'd want it any quieter.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

No, of course not. Just situated further from the stages and a general understanding that you won't be belting out tunes at 4 in the morning. I'd say Eco is exactly the vibe but without the Rave in the Woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Pretty sure my 2019 and '22 tickets were hard copies. Guess i'll be looking at a smaller discount.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

yea I defo used to get instalments EP tickets with discount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 DireD

agree. was a bit tired half way through gorgon city and all i could hear was the AVA stage when i went to take a sit down up the back by the trees.

first time ATN-er but will definitely be back. Loved the laidback vibe of the whole place, especially the campervan area where we were perched. loads of sound heads up there. Having only been to a few EPs in recent years the free flow moving with cans is an absolute god send. Definitely adds to the nice vibes and helps with people not being absolutely plastered around the place. Saw very few people absolutely steaming or causing trouble all weekend wish was so nice.

Arcadia was a disaster to get to, has it always been like that? they could also do with some more water stations nearer to arcadia especially with bars closing before the stage does. I only had some small gripes like those above, other than that delighted to have gone.

Music highlights - BEN UFO, George Fitz , Glass Beams, Barry Cant Swim , honorable mentions to Floating Points, Effy + Skream,

Saturday ended up being a weak day overall music wise for me but still had a blast with the gang so i cant complain. A bit more variety next year with better bands or a some extra hip hop would be nice.

Big thanks to all the regular ATN go-ers and posters on here for all the helpful tips. This is the only thread worth visiting on this site so lets keep it good vibes only in here please. PEACE ✌️

Advertisement