Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

1899091929395»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭endainoz

Where did I say I was acting like they didn't respond? I said there was mixed messages which there were. Even though it was fixed and clarified, it was still typed out, your naiive to think that it was a random error.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭paulie13

100% agree - feels far more likely that freeflow is on borrowed time as a result of that "error" - it didn't happen by accident. My guess was it just ended up on the site pre-festival instead of post-festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭paulie13

And if they are going to change this policy, surely they need to communicate that before the loyalty tickets go on sale at the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Fanirish

it was a random error as know people involved. Someone paraphrased a sentence wrong whilst typing it up. Not the end of the world. It was the week of the festival and an overworked staff made a simply error and social team quickly answered it on Instagram etc. errors happen.

Sure keep telling yourself that. I do genuinely hope you're correct though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dunph

Not only am I pretty keen to believe this, it makes sense IMO. The infrastructure needed to perform checks and manage queues of people waiting for entry would be an issue for ATN, not just in terms of customer experience but in safety and organisation. Keeping fingers crossed, but optimistic on this. That said, if/when they announce a 10k increase in attendance I'll be worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭antfin

It would almost singlehandedly change the whole vibe of the festival. Aside from the casual strolling around with a can of your favourite beer, it would make it a chore to get in and out of the main arena quickly. I know at EP I generally avoid leaving at specific times if I know there's going to be a queue to get back in. ATN feels far more relaxed by the ability to nip back to the tent quickly and not worry about queues to re-enter. Same with moving in and out to peripheral stages outside the main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm not really a hardened festival goer.

What exactly is/was free-flowing?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,674 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Basically, bring your own beer into the festival arena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Fanirish

electric picnic doesn’t allow you to bring in cans from campsite. You have to go through security every time you enter the main arenas to ensure you aren’t bringing cans in.
    ATN is free flow so cans be brought whenever you go, so no security checks into main arena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

If they're to implement this they'd need to significantly improve the standard of their security, who, this year, seemed barely capable of checking wristbands, let alone checking for booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭optogirl

I was nearly backstage of the main stage at one point after going through the wrong fence in search of the Guest Area Bar. Was wandering towards it when I realised. I flashed my Boutique Camping wristband at a lad in high vis who barely acknowledged me as I strode past. Just as well I'm not a stalker but maybe I will become one if it's this easy….

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Landers11

I didnt get my wristband until the Saturday. Did not know where to get one. Was in the Friday no problem without one. Got one on the Saturday.

Rare on a thread for a festival you'd see people wanting the security to more strict! I see the point though, saw a good few wristband checks on the Saturday and Sunday going towards main campsite alright.

Advertisement