Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot access online banking while abroad

• 16-08-2023 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am on visiting my daughter in Canada and have unfortunately mislaid my mobile phone in Dublin airport yesterday. As I result I am having problems using my bank card as it asking me to use my phone to verify purchases. Is there any way around this? I am also having issues accessing my email for the same reason.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

I am very sorry to hear about this. I would advise contacting our customer service desk on +35314044000 from abroad and my colleagues can discuss this with you and offer further guidance.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tomtoml321

Hi Eve,

I was speaking to someone in customer service today and he closed my online banking account and advised me to call banking 365 today to set up a new account. Is there any way I can do this online or request a callback? The five minute call yesterday set me back 27 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

This has to be resolved over the phone for security reasons.

Please send us a private message where we can take some further details for the team to contact you back or you can call the team on +35314044000 from abroad between 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri Irish time and 10am-2pm on Saturdays.

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement