Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ire versus England - RTÉ 2 Saturday Aug 19th 17.30pm

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

@[Deleted User]

Steward = fullback

Stuart = Prop

the line in the bookies has reduced from 16 to 12 since the teams were named, but personally i cant see much reason for that other than possible weather implications, but it seems like its going to decent. im expecting england to be exactly as predictable as they have been. The will be kick heavy and power carrying heavy, with little ingenuity in the back line. Ford will organise, probably to a better degree than farrell, but his fist instinct will always be to kick if there's space in the backfield.

That same back row that they are starting today were made look very, very ordinary by a welsh team last week.

One we can get at least parity at scrum and lineout time, i dont think they will cause us too many problems.

39 - 17 ireland

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

There’s value on the Irish side of that, I think.

Interestingly saw at stat, can’t remember the specifics, but Ireland kick almost as much as England. But it’s what we do after that kick in defence, and with ball in hand when we have it, is very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Shehal

Just noticed, down to -11.5 where I am. I never bet on warm up games but those odds are very tempting, Ireland have won every game this year by a minimum of 13 points and are close to full strength for this one. If Ireland play anything like they did in the 6N they should have no issue covering this cap.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

It would have been far more beneficial to have lower ticket prices and to fill the Aviva for the the team's send off match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Ferris talking bollox again about the Farrell thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Shehal

I lost faith in his rugby opinions when he thought the hit from Leicester Fainga'anuku on Mack Hansen in test 2 down in NZ wasnt even a penalty 😂

So there's a yellow gone for review in the bunker, SA player remained upright in the tackle just like Farrell but more of an attempt to lift his arm but came out the worse.

It'll be interesting as to how this goes.

Edit, remains a yellow.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

• Advertisement

Remaining upright was the part I was talking about, not the mitigation around it.

England lucky not to be getting pinged for going straight of their feet at the ruck.

Whopper of a clearance from Lowe.

Not a great moment for Prendergast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This game is going to be a tough one to decide for me today.

This game may throw off a huge hang in the balance if they don't step up to the mark to win it.

If England win today it could place them to a SF place in the WC. If Ireland win; it will give a lot of good preparation to go up and win against SA in the WC.

We know that England are a very tough team to beat particularly in the Eddie Jones era. But with that era now over; Borthwick is handling an England side that can at times be very vulnerable to an actual loss because of multiple attacks coming in from an opposing side if they don't keep up their focus on the pitch.

I would love Ireland to win by about 20 points in this game today. We do have a strong team on paper and in ability. But it is a crucial one to see show themselves up against England. But if England show their prowess and give Ireland an hammering. That won't be good for Ireland when we compete for the WC in France.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great try

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's why Lowe is vital.

Turned a defensive set in our 22 into an England lineout on their 22. Which leads to our try.

Lovely try.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I can't say I'm a fan of the names on the jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Hands by VDF made that

Brilliant hands from VDF to put POM through the gap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

Prendergast a liability. Playing himself off plane

Prendergast made the mistake in giving up possession but made up for it with two huge moments in defense. Excellent tackle and turnover.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nice try from Ireland.

You'd hardly know Mack Hansen!

England read like a team with lots of talent, old talent though. And not playing too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Early engagement from England in the scrum. That's very good news for us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I wouldn't have had prendergast ahead of Coombes before this match, and this performance is not doing anything to change my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

England are very.. clunky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Advertisement