Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awarded Disability Allowance

• 17-08-2023 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've not been on much recently. Just wanted to mention I've been awarded Disability Allowance on 1st Application.

An usual approach as I decided to do a CE scheme rather than apply for illness Benifit whilst applying. I'll have to finish CE Scheme for DA payment & additional allowance to commence, I can at some stage, if I wish go back on a CE scheme.

Thanks to @Cherry Blossom @TooTired123 for ongoing advice

Dempo 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I’m not 100% but I think your at a disadvantage on CE if your on DA as you you don’t get both concurrently. If youre able to work a day or 2 part time you’d have a much better deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Nothing to stop you volunteering while you look for a suitable job. Employability service is an excellent help in finding understanding employers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Thank you.

It's a quirk in the system, firstly as I'm currently on a CE scheme, they can't issue 1st payment & additional allowances & back dated stuff until I finish on the CE scheme.

Yes you are slightly at a disadvantage being on a CE scheme but I'm hoping to look at something from home.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement