Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Bernard Park, Cabra

Options
  • 17-08-2023 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

Nice little park beside the Luas with basketball and tennis counts as well as a playground for kids, however it's pretty small.

Yet there's an empty chunk of land beside it which is completely empty. If it was incorporated into the existing park then it would probably double in size. If they did this and built a bridge onto the adjacent canal path, then it would be a great local amenity.

Is the land council owner I wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

I think it's Iarnrod Eireann and transfer of land to the council is being looked at already, if not in process.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pixel Eater

That's good to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Yea I live nearby - I did hear from someone on local residents committee, that somehting is in progress to incoropate it into the park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

What is the perception of TD Neasa Hourigan at a local level?

Does she have a chance of retaining his seat in next election?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭hynesie08

She pissed a lot of people during COVID when she voted on a bill where the PUP would be dependent on proving you were looking for work, when she was part of the government that shut down several industries.

She also campaigned against the building of apartments at the eyesore Hendon building.

If Mary Lou can convince people to vote transfer properly neasa could be in danger, but there's not a lot of alternatives there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement