Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Coverage Northern Ireland

Options
  • 18-08-2023 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

I have been in ni for a week or so and the level of mobile coverage is woeful. Mainly Antrim north and Derry. Lots of rural areas with no coverage or very low 4g, absolutely no 5g and very poor speeds. Also indoor coverage in urban areas is poor.I experienced this in south Down too earlier this year. I had similar experience last year and nothing has really improved!

Roaming on Vodafone uk and 3uk separate sims.

Interesting to hear if others have had similar experiences up here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Exactly the same experience myself about 2 years ago. Vodafone IE roaming on Vodafone UK and my 3 IE work phone roaming on I think 02?? Coverage on both were very poor in areas you'd expect some sort of coverage but both phones were hard set to even send a Whatsapp. I don't know if you'd have a better experience on a Vodafone UK sim or 02 UK but yeah, roaming was poor enough

• Am in the Newry, Forkhill, Meigh, Drumintee area a fair bit. Only get decent reception on O2 (4G). All the other networks are virtually non-existent, bar in Newry itself. If I was living there I wouldn't be pleased with the level of coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Yup up around Jonesborough area is woeful too and in Portrush there are streets with no coverage at all, very sketchy coverage

• Thats true. Head out of Jonesborough down the Edenappa Road to the border and coverage is very poor. And this would be outdoor coverage as well. Camlough village and surrounds is another bad spot.

Advertisement