Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Driver

Options
  • 18-08-2023 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Looking at getting a post driver just looking for any recommendations between the different brands Malone , Kentec, Vector, MB, Cross, IEP. Malone seem to be most common available costing 4k. All the others coming in between 4200-4600 mostly vector and cross abit more. Any reason you should pay the bit extra on one of them from experience thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Bought a new multec in the north about 7 years ago for around €2400. Basic enough for a farmers but worth it's weight in gold. The main things that you need are tilt on the top link and side tilt you would be lost without it. Within a year I put a ball hitch on the post driver as it's handy to pull a trailer around if fencing, be it carrying posts, tools, cleaning up branches etc

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The11Duff

If you can get one with wire unrollers and a rock spike, any would do. Was looking at the Cross post driver at the Tullamore show and the model there had a rock spike. Didn't get a price on the day but must ring my local Cross dealer any day now

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Are them prices incl. VAT? we are also on the look out for one but only getting started with getting pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

Bought an iep post driver in 2020.3200 was the cost of it.has all that I need on it and I’m happy with it.was sick of going to co-op looking for their one on hire and it either not available or something broke on it

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mickey1985

Ya including Vat. The malone at 4k is the cheapest I have seen. I think IEP was 4300. Kentec, keltec both around 4500. IEP has a different pulley mechanism than the malone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

I've a Malone which are fine to be fair but I've used a Cross in the past and they are a serious machine for driving big strainer posts.

Advertisement