Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat recuperating after operation

Options
  • 18-08-2023 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭

My 12 year old cat had an eye removed two days ago and obviously i am keeping her indoors permanently for a few days anyway. Problem is she is an outdoor cat, she was feral when i took her in about ten years ago and while has become very domesticated and friendly she spends most of her time outdoors apart from during really bad weather. She even prefers to sleep in the porch with the outer door slightly open than sleep in the sitting room.

Anyway she is doing my head in, constantly mewing and sitting by the door. The odd time she relaxes and lies in her box the minute i get up she makes straight for the door. I know there isnt much i can do but im wondering will she eventually settle down to her new regime or am i in for another week of this? She isnt wearing a collar thankfully and isnt going near her wound so at least there is that. Any other advice much appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement