Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deafheaven w/ Slow Crush - Button Factory - Wednesday 23/08/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

When it was announced i considered it even though i don't like the vocals. Since then though three other gigs are on the same week which all take precedent for me:

Swans (Academy), Cory Hanson (Workmans) and Scowl (Workmans). I'd like to think someone else from here will be at Swans as they are an unmissable live experience; 2-2.5 hours gig, terrific volume, no crowd interaction or gaps between songs. Intense!

In saying that i suspect Cory Hanson would be the most satisfying for folks around here. Main man of Wand (criminally underrated band) veers from country rock to guitar wigouts. Kind of reminiscent of White Denim at times.

Scowl are a female fronted punk band.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

I'm heading up for Swans on Mon night. Never seen them b4 but heard they're incredible live band.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Also heading to Swans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Swans was unreal seems as though there's no thread for it I'll leave it here, ears not the better for it this morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I’ve 2 tickets for this but can’t go as I’m sick. Wouldn’t mind recouping sone cash but happy to give them away for free if anyone is stuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

was at scowl last night, great stuff, but too short, they should have played their whole set again, it would still have been over before 11...

Advertisement