Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafes in the city?

Options
  • 20-08-2023 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

The last while I've felt there's not many places I'd recommend to go for breakfast or lunch in the city anymore. Can anyone recommend a few?

56 central is grand

Caprice is grand but insanely expensive

Esquires do nice coffee but food is bland

Food for thought I feel has gone downhill since covid.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I like o Reilly's if you're out salthill side, also the cafe, mocha beans I think, beside Trends do a tasty burrito to go

I'm much more of a greasy feed person so Feeney's is badly missed, haven't tried Finnegan's in an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Depends what you're looking for really. Dela still have a solid brunch, as have Harry's.

MyBakebox have decent savoury pastries that they heat up if you want.

Magpie do excellent coffee and pastries, savoury and sweet.

Éan have excellent food.

An Tobar Nua have some decent sandwiches and bagels.

Urban Grind have some good food too.

Greens if you're a vegan.

Corrib Tea Rooms always do good breakfast/brunch.

I've never tried your first 3 and haven't had Food for Thought in about 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

+1 for Magpie

Revive is back open again, though I've not tried them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,655 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Last time I was in Caprice, I wasn't impressed by the menu. It just had the titles, but not the contents. EG 'Full Irish', but you don't know what's in it be it 1 or 2 sausages, black and/or white pudding, beans, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Roscoes on Eglinton street is good along with Carliantini in Woodquay

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭39steps

Urban Grind back the west is fab, ualiry food and coffee, highly recommend their poached eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Is Feeneys in Salthill gone? That’s a shame if so, it was my go-to place on a Saturday morning when I lived close by to it years ago. A great greasy fry 😋

Currently, I really like Roots cafe (various locations) for a breakfast. Tasty.

Advertisement