Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Septic Tank

Options
  • 21-08-2023 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

My house has a septic tank that is around 60 years old. We badly need to replace it as it has a lot of cracks and fills up very quickly when it rains heavy. Every year I have to rod it clear as it backs up during bad weather which obviously isnt great and can lead to bad odours every now and then also.

As far as I can see there are no grants that I would be eligible for but maybe somebody might advise differently? Alternatively, would this be something that I could claim off house insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,039 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm way out of touch with these things nowadays but I thought there were grants made available years ago when people registered their tank with their local authority. As to claiming off the insurance I never came across that before but it's worth a call to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Grants needed in 2003.

House insurance won't pay for something that has reached end of life.

You might want to digest this document as the EPA have an inspection schedule planned for all septic tanks so your replacement will need to be up to scratch

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement