Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DA 104 Form Restoration of Disability Allowance

• 22-08-2023 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows about this Form.

I've just been awarded DA & Currently on a CE scheme. In the letter I recieved, it states Payments won't commence until I finish on the CE scheme & my coordinator must fill out FORM DA 104 & send it in, stating date I'm due to finish the scheme.

Spoke to supervisor, who's never heard of such a form but will check & all I can find online are Generic forms from specific CE schemes.

I'll email the Disibility Team but I just wondered as anyone come across this form before, I'm due to finish CE Scheme in a Month.

Thank you

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Here’s a form that they might mean. It’s not called DA104 though. Have you been on CE 12 months or more?

https://www.gov.ie/pdf/?file=https://assets.gov.ie/44904/749e95024c2c4c4a8444b52a73021015.pdf#page=null

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You could also ring Longford and ask them to send you the form in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Thanks Cherry Blossom. So bizzarely this form is not actually available or used. The CE scheme I'm on, never heard of it.

I emailed the Disability scheme, who sent me a generic D104 Created by the Cork Educational authority Board, clearly not revelent to the scheme I'm on in Laois.

I emailed them back, explaining this would not be relevant to scheme I'm on & I mentioned I have to finish scheme early. So they confirmed all I need is a, letter from my Scheme coordinator, stating date I finish, so hopefully this will suffice.

My situation is unusual as I applied for DA whilst on the scheme. My placement was not due to finish until December, but for a number of reasons & with agreement of Scheme, I'm finishing on the 20th September, I'm just hoping this won't be an issue.

Thanks for the reply 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trygve77

Hello, I have a similar situation as yours. I also applied for DA when I was on the CE program. I received the award decisions in February 2024. and I have my contract with CE until December 2024.                              In the decision received from the Disability Section I have a personal rate of €0 and IQA €83 and IQC €54. total €177. And now I don't know if it's my DA what I would get if I wasn't on the CE Scheme or if it only applies to situations when I'm on CE.           Department of Social and citizen information give different answers. However, the Disability Section also does not respond.                                                     So I would like to ask if you are back on DA? Did you have any problems? Did you get a DA allowance and all the arrears if you had one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi there

OK, the Amounts you've been awarded is a reduced rate, presumably because of Means & assuming you were on full rate JSA when you went on the CE scheme, your weekly income will be less.

I finished the CE scheme early as it was of no benefit to me & DA along with Living alone allowance added to the same weekly payment, I'm on full rate DA & living alone. Seperately & it was not planned, I got €900 cost of living payments in the last Budget, I would not have received them if I was still on the CE scheme.

Apply immediately for free Travel.

I can't advise if you should finish the CE scheme early as initially you won't be better off. But whilst on a CE scheme & assuming you don't already have Fuel allowance (if eligible) you won't get it for next winter.

The process, coming off a CE scheme to DA is a convoluted nightmare, especially in December. I'd be strongly recommending you leave it before next Budget, cost of living payments won't be as Generous next budget but you'll lose out if still on CE scheme.

PM me if further advice needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement