Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 24

Options
  • 22-08-2023 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever play Madden games ? I'm a fan of NFL but havnt played madden franchise mode in maybe 10 years . Just used dabble in odd quick game on the 10 hour trials . Actually ended up buying this one because went over 10 hour trial after getting addicted to franchise mode . Regular madden players seem be slaughtering it because after all EA promises it's the same old crap ? People give out about fifa year to year to but that doesn't seem half as bad as madden year or year and lazy upgrades .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

For a while I was buying Madden every second year (and Fifa in the years in between), but the last Madden I bought was 21 and I doubt I'll buy this year either. Most of the changes in the game the last few years are more about the Ultimate Team sh*te because that's their moneymaker.

The base game is the same. They'll make a point of changing the controls for something small each year, but it always plays pretty much the exact same. The changes are always style over substance.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd play it now and again, but I have EA Access and I just wait until it's free on that rather than buying it. To be honest I struggle to notice much difference year on year.

FIFA definitely feels like a more significant upgrade than Madden year to year, but maybe that's cause I've played so much FIFA I'm more likely to notice the minor changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I'm addicted in a big way to franchise mode with the Eagles. But I can see how the reviews are hammering EA. I won't be giving out about FIFA again after playing this because it brings lazy to a new level!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One of the cons from Gamesradar's Pros & Cons in their review summary:

"It's just the same damn Madden we've played for a decade"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I've had quite a few Madden games over the years all the way back to PS1 version. I used it to learn about the game and stuck with it. I'm still rubbish at it and take little or no notice of individual players on any team. I currently have Madden 23 on the PS5 and just couldn't get into it. The base game has barely changed. It's all about the show ! I tried Ultimate team this year but had no love for it at all. I play all my Madden offline so maybe that didn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It all went to **** around 2013, used to play fairly regularly, 5-6 games per week, full franchise etc. They just kept getting worse and worse, had a look at last years version on gamepass and played a few games but never went back to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

It's pretty much the same game every year, I only continue to play because I play in an online franchise which is pretty fun.

Advertisement