Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 22-08-2023 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I am looking for advice, I have recently got divorced but to settle the divorce I had to agree to sell the family home as I cannot afford the mortgage on my own. I have three children two of which are on the spectrum, I have less than a year to make sure the house is sold.

The rent is more expensive out there then the mortgage which I can’t afford. Has anyone gone through this? What way did ye go? How did it work out with the council?

I won’t be eligible for another mortgage 😩 I would love some advice as I feel completely lost as to what I am going to do.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

You got bad advice go agree to sell the house.

If the children are in your care then you should be able to go back to court and asked for this to be reversed. Your x is responsible for the children until they leave school or at a certain age and pay the mortgage. Your x should still pay towards the costs of the house until the children are old enough.

If you cannot pay for the mortgage on your own then see what options you have. You are making yourself homeless by selling the house so that may not help you with the council. Get legal advice and see if you can be protected as well as your children which is your priority. Community page might not be able to help you. Free legal aid is in the citizens information in your area. Give them a call or make an appointment with one. Do not leave your home. There are very few properties to rent at the moment.

The post may need to be moved as it is inthe wrong section. Good luck.

Advertisement