Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emma mattress

• 23-08-2023 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 23 purpleaccount

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a mattress ASAP. Someone suggested an Emma mattress?

Has anyone here have one? Can they tell me what their experience was?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

man i thought this was going to be about an onlyfans model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I knew Emma Mattresses mother, Dianna Divan - nestling into her for a night was a real pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I have one.

On hard floors (wooden floors) I found it a bit uncomfortable tbh. But wife liked it so stuck with it.

Moved house.

Much better now on thick soft carpet.

They do money back first year or something I think.

Next time I buy I'll go for the ones they use in Premier Inns I think though, they're slightly more expensive then an Emma I think.

• I have a super king size one for the past 2 years.

I don't recommend them at all. I wouldn't rate the comfort level particularly high. The only pro is you won't feel someone moving beside you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You ever think of putting a bed between the floor and your mattress?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

No complaints.

Have a super king.

Also recently bought a double for the caravan on adverts for €200 incl delivery.

I guess they have deal or something on the 90day returns.

Payment on receipt. Was as new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭denismc

I have experienced terrible customer service with this company, I have been trying to return a mattress for the last couple of weeks but they have stopped replying to my emails

They only correspond via chat or email, no phone service at all.

Have a look at their reviews on trustpilot before you buy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

This appears to be one of the very few mattresses rated as fairly soft by most reviewers - even though it claims to be medium firmness. So I'm considering giving it a go. I am convinced I need a soft mattress.

I was advised by everyone to buy a medium-firm mattress when replacing the very old and worn out predecessor. Well, 3 months in, I am absolutely crippled with back pain and suffering serious issues with numbness and loss of function in my hands, as the new mattress feels like a slab of concrete. It's a Respa 1400 pocket sprung mattress, which was midrange price wise and well recommended. But it is an instrument of torture, and I have nearly clicked order on the Emma website a few times now when I'm lying in agony at 4am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭mikep

We got one a few years ago.

Found it way too soft and not at all comfortable.

After a short while there were body sized indentations where we slept so you could really only sleep in one position.

We returned it under the money back guarantee but it took ages and we were left with the mattress in the end and had to get rid of it ourselves.

Crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Really? That's mad to hear.

We've been sleeping on one now for two years and it's the most comfortable mattress we've ever had. Absolutely no indentations on it at all. Just a flat surface.

Only thing I noticed recently when I took the cover off to stick through the wash was the memory foam had discoloured a bit around the very edge. Other than that no issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement