Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Provider Price Rises - Paid a year up front

Options
  • 23-08-2023 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering what the legal standing with Bin companies is.

I'm with AES and last year they apparently 2 months into my 1 year of paid bin services decided to raise prices. I don't believe that's legal, we already had agreed the price for the year and I paid it up front.

If they raise prices in this scenario, I can't be given 30 days to consider it and potentially change services, they already have my money for the rest of the year. So is that actually legal?

If I was being charged monthly I could see it as I would be able to exit at that point, but paying a year up front surely is them forfeiting any right to adjust.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Contact the CCPC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

did you check the Ts&Cs ? Its likely this scenario was covered. If not have you discussed your concerns with vendor? What was their response?

I would not be going to CCPC until you have checked the contract details and are aware of any clauses, and you have spoken to vendor. It seems like jumping the gun to be going to a 3rd party until you have an answer to your concerns from the vendor.

For what its worth i would think you have very valid concerns. As your right to exit contract is usually time limited you do need to address this in a timely fashion so they are not allowed off the hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

They just backed down and cleared the price raises for the last year and have in writing confirmed that my year up front this year will have no price increases.

So thankfully this is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

I did that in relation to a similar incident with Panda last April. Absolutely a waste of time contacting the CCPC, don't bother!

Advertisement