Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jenny Greene - Electric Disco vs Declan Pierce - Block Rockin' Beats

• 23-08-2023 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

Which do you prefer and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

They’re different types of music. Jenny plays more mixes of songs and ones recently released. Dec more plays the original version.

Dec playlist can be very repetitive even though I like the songs but same 15/20 songs every week but in a different order and he’ll play certain versions of songs no matter what they person request ie maniac. He might not like it but if loads of people request it then why not play it. spqr hypnotic state version he’s released I don’t like it but each to their own. I get the feeling we will never the original again. Also I don’t understand why he goes I’m here every weekend when the show is recorded. He never mixes at all.

Jenny can sometimes be not for everyone’s taste due to version of it and might be a bit to heavy for some. When she’s off and Jay is in he can be more like Dec’s show than Jenny’s.

Each to their own but I listen back than listen live and there’s a lot worse on the radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I haven’t heard Jenny (or anything on 2FM for that matter) in years but I used to like her show. Wasn’t it quite like Dec’s show years ago - i.e. a bias towards the familiar ‘90’s dance classics? She even did a tour with the RTE orchestra, I went to one of the gigs, it was mostly the stuff that Dec plays now.

I didn’t realise Dec’s show is recorded? He seems to read out live requests on a lot of shows I’ve heard. I like his show and I love the ‘90’s stuff but I agree it’s a bit repetitive, especially on 2 consecutive evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

When he’s not taking requests or really commenting on stuff it’s recorded. You can tell from the sound also. Usually when he’s around the country somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

The Thursday and Friday editions of An taobh tuathail with Cian O’C on radio an gaeltacht have them both beat in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

Absolutely!! Belter of a show!!

The Electric Disco was great when it started, as hearing these 90's bangers on the radio was quite novel...her show has evolved, but its still quite good. The early Electric Disco's and BRB were great to have on in the Kitchen or Out the back during summer, but that would be it, whereas I'll listen to the current Electric Disco's any time during the week...working, out for a walk, exercising, just fancy a bop as there will more often than not be stuff I've not heard before.

Dec's show then took on the 90's thing, and it can be enjoyable as he does sound like he really enjoys what he's doing, but I agree the two nights is too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Decs show is what Jennys was five years ago in terms of being classics/requests.

Advertisement