Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing property- Portobello, Dublin 8

Options
  • 23-08-2023 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

Have been living (renting) in Portobello for the past 7 years and love the area. I am currently in the market for purchasing my own place- budget makes me stay within the range of a 1 or 2-bedroom apartments in the desired areas. I went for a viewing in the Moorings in Portobello and while I am very familiar with the area and love it, I could not find any details about the block online. I know some of the apartments, especially those built during the boom times have a bad reputation and potentially some bad defects as well, so if anybody could help with any information about the Moorings, I would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

A good surveyor will identify all real and potential issues with the block.

Afaik its a decent development! albeit a lot of construction work going on next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Is that the one next to the new hotel under construction?

Near the Lower Decks pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya, the hotel is due to open in November. I'm not sure when the work is due to be completed on the new plaza in front of the hotel, but I'd hope it's done at the same time.

OP the area is amazing, as you know. I wish you well if you choose to purchase. If you know anyone living there it would be worthwhile asking them about any sound issues between apartments. If you are looking at an apartment overlooking the canal, I'd be worried about sound from people drinking there all night.

Advertisement