Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte News at 9 gone to sh-it

• 23-08-2023 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I don't know what they were on for this evenings news broadcast but at least two of the videos were badly edited one about that evil Russian Warlord that demented Putin had killed it has no sound and another about no podium place for Rushida in the Athletes in Hungary. They had it on fast forward for a bit lol.

Anyone else notice any faults or bad editing on the RTE News lately any of them?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I don't bother with it . RTE should be wound up they're a waste of space and money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

An example on RTE.ie, headline is "Storm Betty: Lucky escape for woman, 94, after tree falls on house ", then in the story you read tree 'fell towards her house'....

She looked out her window later on and saw the large tree had fallen towards her house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭satguy

The whole channel has gone to hell,, I stopped watching some time ago.

With that said, The RTE News was never that great to start with,, But in the UK, the once mighty BBC News has degraded so much it now makes our RTE look kinda not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There is a word for tgat I can not remember what but its about grapping your attention. Its the same with Tabloud newspapers and even the Indo. All rubbish.

The only thing they are any good for is cleaning windows.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

another about no podium place for Rushida in the Athletes in Hungary. They had it on fast forward for a bit lol.

I think they fast-forwarded it in the hope that she'd run faster and retrospectively win a medal. They failed to realise that the rest of the runners were fast-forwarded too, so it didn't work.

Do you think they are baiting you into clicking on the links for the stories?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This evening Six One moves from telling us about fires in forests during the summer around the world to pengiuns dying because of the 'heat', George Lee with a new horn on him for selling this new climate disaster to us.

Advertisement