Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13900k stuck at 800 Mhz in Cinebench

Options
  • 24-08-2023 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I built my 13900k system about 6 months ago (upgraded from a 12900k build), and all was good. Just this morning, I thoguht it was running sluggish and did a Cinebench run with HWInfo running.

Both P-Cores and E-Cores locked to 800 Mhz.

Temps are at idle levels (~32C)

Power draw seems to be only about 15W

Voltage is 0.9V.

When the benchmark is not running, I do see the odd core jump to 2.0Ghz max, so my thoughts are that it's being throttled on power/voltage somehow.

Anyone else see this before?

Stuff I have yet to try:

• Reset CMOS
    • ThrottleStop

Spec:

Thermal Grizzly contact frame

MSI CoreLiquid 360mm AIO

MSI z690 M/B (DDR4) with recent enough BIOS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭alanmc

Hmm, back to normal now after an hour unplugged.

Need to keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Timfy

Did it happen to coincide with a "quiet" system update? It's not unusual for certain drivers etc to be uninstalled and then reinstated during such an event...

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭alanmc

Could be. I did a few restarts this morning and it didn't seem to recover. I'll check the Windows update logs.

Only when I went back to it a few hours later to try and diagnose further, it was running fine. Been alright since.

Advertisement