Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best so-bad-its-good films

Options
  • 24-08-2023 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭

It strikes me that the best films of this kind are not actually bad, but it's just that they're good in a way that the creators weren't originally aiming for. As a film critic once said, they seem like they were made by someone who knew how to make a film, but then received a sharp blow to the head, or by aliens who'd seen films from Earth and decided to try and make their own.

Fatal Deviation, The Room and Troll 2 (probably the three best known around here) all fall into this category. They all have this stilted kind of otherworldly feel like they came from an alternate dimension. I'd like to get some recommendations going on this topic, but I think the most important criteria is that the creators were not making it with a nod and a wink, but that all the usual elements that go into a film were so skewed due to lack of money, experience or common sense, that they come together to create unintentional comedy or to at least make the film entertaining in a way that was completely unintended.

Lower budget, the better. I especially like the aesthetic of those really shítty 80s and 90s films which look like they were shot on a camcorder.

Comments

Advertisement