Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a mid year salary bump

• 24-08-2023 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi all, sorry to sound ignorant or if I come of being ungrateful that I'm not getting enough money.

I joined my current company over a year ago. I started on €55k then go salary increase to €57,750. Last week my manager notified I getting moved up and increased to €61,215.

We get paid on the 25th of each month and I received my payslip today. After tax I'm now getting €3352p/m instead of €3214p/m. I thought with 3400~ annual increase it would be higher.

Looking back at my previous payslip when I was on €55k I was getting €3037 p/m and increased to €3214p/m when I got my first annual salary increase which I thought was decent.

I assume each person it's different with tax etc. I wasn't expecting some crazy increase but it's the monthly amount I get typical of my current salary?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

Wonder if there is a bit of emergency taxing or something going on. You could call revenue and ask them to do a p21 rebalancing and that might correct it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Green Mile

This seems correct to me.

Your tax credits are fully utilised already so any increase will be taxed at 52%. (40% PAYE, 8% USC and 4% PRSI).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Are you making pension payments from this? Gross it's less than 300 a month. If you take pension, paye, usc etc out it has an impact.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Looks spot on to me, €3400 a year is €283.33/month, take out your 52% and it is a €136/month increase so very close to it.

Advertisement