Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bordeaux or Zagreb

• 25-08-2023 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭

Trying to decide for a weekend in October. Haven't been to either. Not a mad wine person and that seems to be a big part of Bordeaux offering. Anyone got any advice for me? Daughter (25) and Dad trip. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I have been to both and both are just ok as far as destinations go. I wouldn't be going back to either of them again but if I had to pick one over the other I'd pick Bordeaux. The wine museum in Bordeaux was actually interesting enough and I hate wine. The Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb was one of the stranger museums I've been to but it was interesting. It is small though and wouldn't keep you going for hours. Zagreb cathedral is beautiful. You could probably do a day trip to Ljubljana from Zagreb. Ljubljana is one of the nicest cities in Europe. You'd see the main attractions in both cities in a day but Bordeaux is nicer to look at.

Post edited by Nigel Fairservice on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,097 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Loved Bordeaux for just a ramble around, amazing food. Was too hot to drink red wine when I was there but theyve a great cocktail scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭josip

If going to Ljubljana by car from Zagreb, you can drive through Sevnica (Melania Trump's home town) and Trbovlje, which has the tallest chimney in Europe 😀

Advertisement