Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW4 transfer thread - Madd to go without any longer.

Options
  • 26-08-2023 1:03pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

2 FTs so, Maddison in, Richarlison out very likely.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Gabriel out with my 2nd FT, was sure he'd play this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Maddison down to 1 bonus point, annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Gabriel and TAA out but I badly need a 5th playing midfielder to switch from 442 to 352. Lukic+TAA to Sterling+one of Ruben Diaz, Udogie, Henry. I'm also tempted by a -4 for Rashford to Maddison. Will see how United and Rashford play today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Brought in Gusto before his price rise last night with my free transfer but think its time to deploy my usual early wildcard to shake up the team and get in who looks to be playing well.

Would you not hold off for another week?

Gives you int. break to assess and avoid possible int. injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Too late now, already pushed the button on the wildcard. Will be keeping a reasonably strong bench as cash seems to be OK since I sold Salah last week so hopefully will have some protection from injuries over the international break. Only made the price sensitive moves now but have a few ideas of other transfers to do during the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Gabriel out for Gusto/Chilwell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

2 FT's to shake up the team.

Team in bold for GW4 is currently

Onana, Turner

Chilwell, Estupinan, Colwill, Gabriel, Beyer

Martinelli, Saka, Rashford, Fernandes, Mitoma

Haaland (C), Jackson, Archer

Current thoughts are:

Martinelli out anyway, most likely Foden in. Minutes a worry but those fixtures look good and City desperately need to fill the KDB hole. Foden's the man for that really, sick today so should be nailed next week.

Also looking at Rashford or Mitoma out, Maddison or Mbeumo in. The latter has been on fire in GW1/2 and his fixtures continue to be nice (BOU, new, EVE, nfo, mun, BUR). Maddison looks shít hot too at the centre of everything Spurs. Tough one, could return in equal amounts.

If I go Rashford out, it'll allow me to get to Trippier in for Gabriel for their nice run from GW5 onwards. If Mitoma out, I'll go Botman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Crazy amount of good mid priced midfields so far this season, impossible to tell who's going to maintain the form.

I'm looking at Romero in for Trent and Maddison in for Rashford.

I am tempted by Salah though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There is, and it's hard to find who to ditch in favour of bringing one in.

Sterling, Jota, Bowen, Diaby, Bruno, Mitoma are all options to bring in, for me. But it is hard for me to commit to selling any of Saka, Maddison, Foden, Mbueno. Rashford is on the brink with those assists just saving him at the moment. Salah has returned in every game, but not at the volume this price point dictates. That might change though, with easier fixtures coming up.

Any combination of those 5 MIDs to the other 6 MIDs would work but it has to be the correct one to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah getting the right 5 in midfield is very tough.

I currently have Salah, Rashford, Mitoma, Saka and Martinelli, no screaming sells.

I like Sterling, Foden, Luis Diaz, Maddison (and to a lesser extend Mbueno, Bowen and Diaby).

There's 9 that I'd be very happy with in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have gone from 442 to 343 and now thinking 352 is the formation to go with. Gabriel is still a problem but as I have the funds in the bank I'll upgrade Ahamaha to Sterling/Maddison.

Have Rashford/Saka/Mitoma/Foden so will mean dropping Watkins to the bench for this GW though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thinking of moving Salah out for Sterling. Already have Haaland upfront, Saka and Rashford in the middle.

Ill jinx myself now, but Salah's head doesnt seem to be in it so far.

I've been debating it myself, thinking of holding for now, he's returned in every game, and two of the games Liverpool were down to 10 men.

I also have the players you mention and Rashford seems the one I'm most likely to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

I got rid of Salah at weekend for Sterling. Just not fully at the races for me and with his price tag felt better value elsewhere and use the cash to strengthen my team. Could come back to bite me but good start from Sterling albeit at his price could have afforded to keep Salah and get Sterling in for another midfielder.

Time will tell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm so tempted to WC, but know its too early.

Onana, Turner

Chilwell, Estupinan, TAA, Gabriel, Botman

Saka, Rashford, Mitoma, Foden, Lukic

Haaland, Watkins, Semanyo

Gabriel, TAA definitely need to go. Would love City defence cover, so I'd happily ship Onana to Ederson. Rashford could also go, considering how good other midfielders are playing. Watkins could also move to Alvarez or Jackson.

I have 2 FTs, so maybe a -4 will sort my team out short term. But very tempted to WC.

I guess this would be my 3 transfers this week, but open to suggestions:

TAA>Ruben Dias

Lukic>Sterling

Rashford>Mbuemo or Maddison

That's not a team that needs a WC, very strong chance your team will look worse at some point between now and Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pulled the trigger early for price rises

March & Rashford -> Madison & Sterling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mectavba

Mitoma to Sterling or Saliba to Chilwell or both for a -4

I already have Jackson and as nice as Chelsea's run of fixtures are - not sure I am ready to triple up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Firstly, I'd say don't take a -4 this week as we're going into the international break and injuries could play havoc on your team meaning you need to WC and don't see a return on the -4. Who's your bench?

Secondly while I think Sterling looked great, it's still only a small enough sample size v a very poor Luton side. Forest will probably be a tougher test as they've shown v Man United & Arsenal.

I'd be inclined to do Saliba to Chilwell for his attacking output and potential CS's. Re assess then.

That said, Sterling does have a high ceiling so if you're going to WC soon, he could be a great gamble short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Anyone else that have only made enforced transfers so far this season? I've done three already and all defender. Ugh!! Mings to Chilwell, Shaw to Henry and Gabriel to Udogie.

Tempted to do a -4 just to make a transfer that I actually want to make!

Just on the Sterling / Luton thing.

Is it a case of Luton being really poor down their LHS (attackers RHS), or is a case of Sterling being really good and just about to hit a big run of form in terms of returns? If it is Luton being poor as the RWs do well in those games, Bowen might be the play. If it was Sterling, then he is the play.

Solly March was the RW against Luton, but posted some good numbers in a couple games.

• GW1 - Luton (h) 0.4 xG & 0.0 xA
    • GW2 - Wolves (a) 0.9 xG & 0.1 xA
    • GW3 - West Ham (h) 0.1 xG & 0.1 xA

Jarrod Bowen plays RW against Luton in GW4 and has some good form going into this GW.

• GW1 - Bournemouth (a) 0.2 xG & 0.5 xA
    • GW2 - Chelsea (h) 0.4 xG & 0.0 xA
    • GW3 - Brighton (a) 1.2 xG & 0.1 xA

Sterling so far this season. The Luton game was a real outlier here. He plays Notts Forest in GW4 and the only RW to return against them so far this season was the Saka cracker in GW1.

• GW1 - Liverpool (h) 0.0 xG & 0.1 xA
    • GW2 - West Ham (a) 0.1 xG & 0.1 xA
    • GW3 - Luton (h) 0.9 xG & 0.3 xA

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

2 FT's Rashford/Pedro out for either Sterling/Wissa or Mbuemo/Jackson

Sounds more and more likely that Salah will leave Liverpool this week for those of us still trying to figure out what midfielder to sell for Maddison/Sterling. Might be worth holding off till Friday

Sterling not even on Chelsea's bench tonight. I wonder how long the injury is for? 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Plenty of rumours online, £129m transfer fee and £1.5m per week wages.

• Advertisement

Yeah it’s all over the tabloids, lots of reports on Twitter. Nothing concrete but I’m holding off my 2FTs for the week just in case

Advertisement