Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW4 transfer thread - Madd to go without any longer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Personally, I don't believe the Salah transfer nonsense. Klopp said he's not going anywhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Saudi window closes on the 20th of sept., plenty of time for him to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I’ve not heard what Klopp has said but saying ‘he’s not going anywhere’ means nothing.

Klopp won’t lose face if Salah does leave. He can just say ‘the player changed his mind and I only want players here that want to play for the club’.

Clubs don’t dictate to players anymore. Those days are long long gone. If a player really wants to leave he will.

I think Liverpool would be crazy to turn down anything above 150 million. They could probably take advantage of the situation and get 200 million for him.

Every player is replaceable. Many players have left clubs and those clubs have continued to win trophies. I’ll never get the fuss over players leaving a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Nothing credible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

With the news of Joao Palhinha to Bayern gathering momentum, I'm leaning more towards Foden now instead of Maddison.

He could feast if he starts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Went for Sterling - love a short term gamble, but if he becomes one of the main men in a good Chelsea side he could become vital.

Will mull over whether Chilwell is worth the -4, most of my main competitors have him so will lose ground if he gets a haul.

Team is in pretty decent shape, aside from having Pickford and needing to change my 4.5 striker who has gone on loan. May WC early enough all the same!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

There's so many different routes to go down this week for me, it's hard to pick which one. I fear that I'm being forced into rushing because of the rampant price fluctuations.

Estupinan -> Newcastle defender. Newcastle's fixtures swing soon but there is a Botman injury to deal with and also the tough CL group which will result in rotations. I already own Man City + Chelsea defenders and unsure of the Arsenal defence. Won't go near Liverpool yet.

Bowen or Sterling in. It's the classic case of Form v Fixtures. Bowen has the form, Sterling has the fixtures. One just played Luton, and hauled, and has the nice run of fixtures. The other is about to play Luton but has 3 very tough fixtures directly after it before a nicer run again.

Rashford is probably the most sellable of the midfielders to free up this spot, because of his form, but he is moving back to his better suited position and has 4 or 5 fixtures in a row where he could return.

Maddison / Mbueno / Saka / Foden are not as sellable.

Watkins / Jackson then upfront. Watkins is returning in every game and has a high chance of scoring against Liverpool given style of play. His fixtures are very nice. Jackson also has the nice fixtures, but not the form so much, even though he looked dangerous in other games. There is a sense of FOMO of Chelsea attack also if I do not buy Sterling and only owning Chilwell who is very templatey now himself.

Is Bowen too much of a risk, given his tougher fixtures? When other options have more of a long term feel about them.

Bowen an option if you feel the need to bench him in harder fixtures then just have a decent bench option.

M City the only difficult fixture in his next 6.

• Advertisement

Yeah I can easily bench him in either but Man City at home might not be the worst fixture either.

And there is always the option of switching him again for Rashford / Sterling / Bruno if they kick on from their GW3 scored. I already own Maddison so I'm not chasing that transfer this week.

Anyways, as per the rules of FPL, whichever player(s) I don't bring in will score big this GW! 😂

I wouldn’t be in a mad rush to sell a defender for a Newcastle defender and especially with their CL involvement. Eddie Howe had a lot of things go right for him last season.

Sterling v Bowen is tough but I’d probably go with Sterling because they don’t have Europe and he wasn’t called up for England. It’s also a safer EO pick even though I try not to pay attention to that myself.

I'm kind of leaning towards doing the MID rotation now for a couple GWs. Can switch out Bowen again for his tricky ones. Just leave Estupinan rotating with my AVL defender. Yeah I agree with the Newcastle defence. That CL draw has to be factored in.

This can allow me pick the best one per GW, and have the others ticking along hopefully. I'm fairly happy with my team overall and if I didn't have a transfer burning a hole in my pocket I might have rolled or switched up my bench.

I like Bowen and the game is meant to be fun so he might win out just on that! He has the form lines, and a very nice fixture this GW.

My final thought on that Fitz is that Luton are playing their first game at home, on a Friday night, so the atmosphere will be rocking. It may not make a big difference but it could easily provoke a big effort.

Chelsea are at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is Rashford worth holding? With the emergence of good midfielders I’d like Mbuemo or Maddison in my team, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Rashford comes into form with decent fixtures and playing off the left with a number nine.

I’m tempted by this -4 mind you.

TAA>Dias

Lukic>Sterling

Rashford>Mbuemo/Maddison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is Mbuemo really a decent option? He’s not going to be getting pens every week. I feel that he’s someone where the train has left and it’s too late to get on him.

Sterling has something to prove if he wants to make England squad and Chelsea don’t have Europe to worry about and has nice fixtures. Bowen probably to a similar extent might want to push on to force an England call but probably has more to do than Sterling and they also have Europe. Luton first game at home - who knows that that atmosphere will do for the players.

maddisson had the form and is in a team under transition and seems to be the main guy now as Son gone off the boil.

finally if you have a free transfer you could always get a back up keeper or a bench player sorted if needed than waste one especially going into international break anything can happen or anyone can join league post deadline.

an interesting thought I had is if that Fati lad ended up at Brighton what price point would he comE in at, would FF towers stick with the model of cheapish as it’s Brighton? He could be decent option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Did Martinelli/Rashford to Sterling/Maddison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Martinelli to Sterling my likely transfer... already have Kulu so not keen on a Spurs double up, had a look at Bowen as well but not convinced Luton will roll over tonight (or leave West Ham with massive counterattacking opportunities).

Also have Salah 😬 so things could yet go royally t1ts up if he moves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Gabriel to Gusto done. Tempted to upgrade Ahamada to Sterling for a -4 as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Is Palmer an option now that his transfer to Chelsea is complete? Could be a bargain if he gets minutes

• Advertisement

Re Mbeumo, I've got him in as his run is nice in the next 6 - BOU, new, EVE, not, mun, BUR

Bar being on penalties, he's a 6.7mid playing as a advanced forward in a team many expect to have a decent season. In good positions, his xG is 1.7 discounting penalties (2nd midfielder ranking). Minutes don't seem to be a risk and no Europe.

No brainer for me at the price.

I did get a slight worry when Brentford were linked with the PSV winger Babayako, as it could affect Mbueno's minutes or playing position, but that deal seems to be off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I guess in a season why money isn’t an obstacle, and many mids are firing, is the price the main attraction? Ward prowse has better form arguably (in that he’s not relying on pens) and is cheaper. XG might be high but that only tells halve the story - he has to take those chances. If he blanks next two do you keep him for the other 4 games?

I looked at JWP and Bowen and don't fancy them so much in the 2 fixtures after tonight. My plan was always to go Mbeumo in GW4 if he passed the eye test which he has and I think he's a solid bet in the next while. He's the cheapest of the 4 I was looking at - Maddison, Foden, Sterling (who I am locked out of anyway with 3 Chelsea) and downgrading Martinelli for Mbeumo allows me to get to my planned transfers over the next couple GW's.

I also really like the look of Diaby who could easily replace Mitoma/Mbeumo depending on who is not performing. Could've gone him to get ahead of the pack but with Mbeumo's ownership, rather go with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭mobydopy

2FT and 1.5m itb - not sure what moves to make with my team. Any advice ?

Onana

Chilwell, Estupinan, Walker

Saka, Rashford, Bruno F, Mbuemo, Mitoma

Watkins, Haaland

(Turner, Pau Torres, Kabore, Mubama) 

Utd mid to Sterling or Maddison?

I have similar feelings about Mbuemo too. It's always dodgy to preempt future transfers but a nice plan is Mbeumo for his next 4 fixtures, then bring in Maddison in GW8. That's my plan for the moment. Too many midfielders to chose from, so can't get them all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I should probably use my ft on a defensive transfer this week, have James and Beyer injured. Udogie looks the pick and rotates nicely with Estupinan.

• Advertisement

I'll refrain a -4 for now, as tempting as it is. I think I'll go with Lukic+Rashford to Sterling+Mbuemo. I've just lost patience with Rashford and United, so prefer to just get rid now. I'll have Jackson and Maddison fear but I'll have to wait to bring them in.

Advertisement