Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College file sharing

• 26-08-2023 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Good evening all,

In our school, we have a number of computer shares which we use for internal sharing and securing of work and storage of confidential files on students etc.

Our head office have told us that they want to switch off the server we use for file sharing and storage and switch us to OneDrive/Sharepoint. We already have personal OneDrive as part of our O365

Training has yet to be offered and feel like they are just doing this to lessen the IT depts workload. They have said every other school have switched to this model.

What way does your school work when it comes to the sharing and securing of files

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

fully moved over to one drive and sharepoint - works very well to be honest. Any old drives have been uploaded to one drive aswell. One drive and outlook is constantly updating itself is my only criticism but thats just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

One drive here, piece of cake.

But I turn it off on my laptop as it's a pain in the derrier with the constant updating. Also it can get confusing as to whether you're sitting your files on one drive or laptop.

Advertisement