Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for Paris for Rwc games

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Will be in Paris in an hour and heading for Montmartre area from CDG. Can anyone recommend the best option? The Rer to Gare Du Nord and then metro?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,542 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Download ‘Bonjour RAPT’ app and put in point A & point B and it will show you the best options…

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Beware buying in the app, my ticket appeared in phone then disappeared. Will ask at ticket office on arrival at CDG in the morning but can see me having to fork out for a other day pass.

Yeah I just use the app to know what trains to get and where to change lines etc…. Much prefer a physicked in my hand….

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Jayno66

Do they sell beer in the stade de france? Am getting conflicting reports that it's an alcohol free stadium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Ha yes they do. Had plenty there last weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Yeah, but the queues were pretty bad. There's the lads with the backpacks, Asahi only at a tenner a pint

Definitely not alcohol free though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭moby2101

During 6 Nations and other matches held there they only sell non alcohol beer.

There is an exemption in place for the Rugby World Cup.

wahoo!!

spent ages in a bloody Q last week, not this week tho!

Cmon Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

I had two of the standard large flags (no poles) so they were not enforcing this, however they wouldn’t let you bring them up the Eiffel Tower!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JuanBarry

I bought the pack of 10 train tickets on the app a few weeks ago. Sometimes I can see them on the app, sometimes I can't but the barrier opened every time anyway. Think it's just a buggy app

• Advertisement

Well…

the 7:15am AMS-CDG flight is fully loaded and ready to go!!!

A few Irish jerseys on board too!!!!!

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!

T1 a breeze this morning for security and getting a fry lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Any recommendations on where to watch the earlier match? Maybe near the stadium?

Is there a fan zone near the stadium?

they’ll show it in the stadium, but you’d only catch the 2nd half as gates only open at 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Aer Lingus have reduced the price of flights for the Friday semi final.

It's possible to go for €300 return now into CDG.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr chips 55

A question specifically for Paris - where are the halfhalf scarves and other any other match specific merchandise sold? Is there a special type of official store or place? I've still never found them or seen it at the few small stands I've walked past at SdF. Did anyone ever get one? Saw an Ireland NZ scarf on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

They were on sale around the official merchandise stands at the stade de France. I was at the stadium over 3 hours before kick off and all the stands were sold out of them except one. The guys working on the stand told me that the half and half scarves were the most popular item before every match and sold out almost instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr chips 55

Thank you - good to know. I guess we need to get there as soon as it opens. Will think about it and see if it's worth it. Also on ebay I see someone selling a match specific t-shirt of the semifinal which would be nice.

Are these the merch stands once you have gone through the ticket check scan barriers, or are they outside the ticketed perimeter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭kuang1

Outside.

Only official merchandise available inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Facthunt

I must get myself the World Cup jersey …. The only thing I have been recommended is to upsize … usually a Large in a football jersey would mean a medium in a Canterbury rugby jersey but I am hearing it’s not the case with the latest merchandise!!! Been advised to go to an XL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭50HX

After 3 trips over to Paris i must say it was an ideal city to host games (no experience of other cities for rwc in france)

Train from cdg & metro just highlights the importance of a good public transport network, esp post match where crowds were staggered into the metro stations, barriers opened etc

Also the ability to be able to go for food & drink once back in the city

Really highlighted our limitations if we had won the bid🙄

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Well neither Croker or Aviva need that kind of public transport. Though it would have been an issue for other stadia. We also would not have had 2100 kick offs for matches.

I despised the location of SdF and the timing of the matches. So each to their own and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭DBK1

Couldn’t agree more. I made 2 trips over and couldn’t praise it enough.

The metro is a serious asset for any city to have and something badly missing in Dublin. The restaurant opening times are another major plus.

For all the talk of expensive pints and food over there I didn’t find it that way and when accommodation and transport is taken into consideration Paris is a far cheaper city than Dublin to spend a weekend in.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Facthunt

Same …. Made it to 1 game and couldn’t agree more!

Pleased also I was able to contribute to the record breaker of most pints drunk at an event at Stade de France! 😁😁

Yeah, did 2 trips over ourselves and the city was brilliant…

1st weekend for the Scotland game was epic… weather was amazing (26 degrees), and we did the main list item we wanted to do which was The Eiffel Tower, and by pre booking in advance, we were not disappointed as when we arrived on the day the queues for non ticket holders was massive and they weren’t even selling tickets to the top. It helped too that we absolutely trounced Scotland… the only downside to the whole weekend was my OH tripped up on an escalator in Dublin airport on the way home and hurt her knee…

The only regret I had for the Scotland game was only having 2 tickets so the OH watched from back in the hotel as I brought my son to his first ever game…

So roll on Monday and I was able to buy 3 tickets to the NZ QF the following Saturday… and I felt I would right the wrong of the previous weekend and we could all go to the game….

So roll on the following weekend and we arrived into Paris on Saturday morning and met my brother and his son in CDG and all took the RER to Gare de Nord where we went our separate ways.. and it was at this point it all went wrong…. My OH went over on her ankle while we were on our way to the Metro within Gare du Nord and while she could initially walk on it, by the time we ended up on a river boat tour an hour or so later , it had gotten really bad to the point she could hardly walk/not walk… so after the boat I had to carry her up to the main road where we got an Uber back to the hotel where she stayed until we left the following morning… so just myself and my son went to the game again, and of course we didn’t get the result we wanted…. Had planned the RER back to CDG, but we just got an Uber from the hotel instead, and during the stopover in Schiphol airport I commandeered a wheelchair which made our life much easier for the few hours we were there…

All in all Paris is an amazing city, and the Metro is just brilliant….

Cant see myself going to any WC games in Australia or USA though so this was it for me with Rugby World Cup attendance…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Apparently a joint Italy, Spain and Portugal bit being discussed for 2035 😉

Advertisement