Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple music Turkey and others using a FUPS account/prepaid debit card

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TheRacerboy5

For anyone struggling to get funds onto 5Biz I used my MetaMask and sent BUSD from the Binance Smart Chain, was the easier option for me as I kept getting errors with revolut. Downside was $10 minimum crypto deposit. Will always be able to use these credits in the future anyway so not so bad.

You can also use MetaMask to buy the cards for FUPS by sending USDT from MetaMask my card was only $1.95 which was cheaper than OP.

There’s Pros and Cons of using MetaMask

Since I set up FUPS

I was able to update my existing Spotify to new payment for a Duo account to ₺55 or €1.90 a month by using a VPN and the FUPS card. No issues so far.

Set up a new Netflix account Middle Class account for ₺150 or €5.20 a month by using the VPN and FUPS. Netflix itself works without the VPN no issues so far.

Looking at setting a Disney+ at the moment ₺650 or €22.50 per year. Will update

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Great write up - I'm stuck on getting funds to 5sim.biz!!

None of the options work and I've tried Revolut virtual, regular and my irish credit card but nothing is being accepted :(

Any ideas?

EDIT: Managed to get it working via Ethereum payment. I also managed to buy the FUPS card and add to the app but when trying to topup the card (on iPhone), it's asking me to verify my identity with an ID number and date of birth. Anyone else get this?

EDIT 2: Looks like they are forcing ID registration now but I managed to get around it using crypto. You can buy topups instead on https://plati.market/ using crypto and the seller will credit your FUPS account as you give them the request money URL. Worked ok for me and now I have 12 months of Spotify for less than €14! Thanks OP!

Post edited by Elessar on

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TheRacerboy5

No I done everything on iOS you have to add the card you bought to your revolut

Go to transfer, new, add card recipient

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Ah I missed that bit, thanks. Handy to know for next time. Got it working with crypto anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

A real stupid question , what method did you use to pay for the virtual phone number? , tried a few and they wouldn't accept revolut disposable .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

I couldn’t get that Russian phone site to work at all so I just used the PingMe app as described in the original hduk post linked by the OP. it’s more expensive but credit can be bought in app no issue, think it’s 4€ for the 2 you need or you can get 5 credits, enough to receive two separate texts, for €6. So pricier but more than paid for itself, €7 for a year of Apple Music, several steam games for buttons etc - excellent bargain alert, thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Spotify billed my Fups card without any problem last night. Family plan for ₺64.99/€2.23. G'wan Türkiye!!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Thanks for the info on PingMe for getting the SMS. I got FUPS registered using the two credits for €2.79, using Google Pay link to my Revolut card.

I had to get PingMe to reload a second Turkish mobile number as FUPS said it was already used for someone else's account.

But, I did all this to get Plex Pass Lifetime, but Plex has blocked Turkish payments :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Apple TV isn't available in Turkey so I'm guessing can't pay my Irish sub in lira??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just a heads up, Turkish ID is now needed to create FUPS account now. And for anybody using Oldubil, use your balance by 10pm tonight. Looks like new Legislation coming into Turkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I used my remaining balance on FUPS to buy iTunes credit on Trendyol. I have about 2.5 years worth of credit now. My Netflix's vouchers are covered until April but my debit card on that account is good until 2027.

Things will become clearer in the next few days. However the requirement for ID for all new Turkish accounts basically means there is no way to get these cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

Sorry, I'm confused - Is this not working anymore then or what? Reason I ask is I signed up for a year of apple music which was going grand but 3 weeks into the first free month the password stopped working. Instead got an Apple ID is not valid message and to contact Apple directly about it, which, eh, doesn't seem like a good idea!

Not sure what rumbled me. I used a new gmail address and Turkish VPN to set up the apple account. You dont need the VPN on all the time to listen to music do you? I was using it with Sonos so that's not a goer.

I got a halfprice second FUPS card so might try again with a new email and new AppleID but trying to figure out if i did anything really obviously dumb to avoid on the second try.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Seems the login to fups app has changed now too. It is prompting me to enter a code that has been sent to the mobile number I got from 5sim months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I'm not getting that , still looking for the 6 digit passcode for me

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Uhar14

Yes mine is gone too. I had a balance of about 300tl so it should last me a few months at least!

Edit

I downloaded the fups APK for version 1.1.8 and was able to get back in by pressing forgot password and entering the card details. I am back in now, but for how long ! Probably an android only solution.

Post edited by Uhar14 on

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

On the same boat here. Will try the 1.1.8 version. Thanks for the heads up!

Advertisement