Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do ?

Options
  • 28-08-2023 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi folks. I have a total of 7 stone to lose. Maybe 8. But I don’t like slimming world’s focus on ‘free’ foods like potatoes, pasta and rice. I just find that you use up so much ‘syns’ making the staples in any way tasty! And unislim is too far away from me. I believe I need someone to weigh me every week to keep focused. Or do I? Any tips much much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Cill94

If you’re going to pay someone, you might as well use a qualified professional. I’d recommend you look for a registered dietician near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

It’s the mindset that I’m struggling with, not so much the food aspect. Thanks. I’d also rather not pay someone. Maybe it was inspo I was looking for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you're after a weekly weight in. You can do that yourself for free.

I agree with your assessment of slimming world though. Awful approach imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

If your going to do a weekly weigh in make it the same day and roughly same time every week. Also take body measurements and record them on something like an excel spreadsheet. It can be an eye opener to see the inches you drop after a few weeks and the progress your making

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mosorchat

While programs like Slimming World and Unislim work for many people, it's important to find a weight loss plan that aligns with your preferences and goals. If you're not a fan of the "free" food focus or find it difficult to make the staples tasty, consider exploring other options such as calorie counting, portion control, or a personalized meal plan designed by a registered dietitian.

Advertisement