Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siamp filler valve parts

• 28-08-2023 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I believe i have a siamp filler valve which is about 10 years old now. Recently i noticed that it was filling very slowly. I checked the inlet diaphram and it was split so i replaced it which solved that problem.

Lately I have noticed what i would describe as an intermittent thumping or "water hammer" noise which i traced back to the cistern of the same toilet. After watching the cistern with the lid off waiting for the noise to come back, i noticed that when the noise occurs, water is coming up out of the top of the filler valve in little short spurts which match the noise i mentioned. I have attached a picture of where the water is coming out from. There appears to be what i assume is a rubber washer inside the top of the mechanism and i wondered if it had perrished and was unable to hold against the water pressure?

Is this part replacable and if so can anyone give the name or a link to the part? Also how do you open that part to replace it?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Is it this?

2 x SIAMP Diaphragm Inlet Float Valve Washer 95 95L 99T 99B 99 Duravit Laufen Twyford https://amzn.eu/d/2hqID0i

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sphinxicus

thanks for the comment. No it's not that. I have already replaced that which solved the constant slow filling escaping out of where the 'ribbed' bit that unscrews to reveal that diaphram.

The water is now escaping out of the very top (where that brown ring with a hole is) intermittently and comes out in pulses which matches the water hammer knocking sound i can hear in the feed pipe.

D you see anything in this catalogue that would help?

https://uel.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/toilet-spares-pdf.pdf

Thanks for the link, on page 223 there is a bunch of ball valve seats. The colour of number 17 matches what i can see but the size of the hole vs the diamater of the "valve seat" looks too big. The size of the hole on part number 6 seems more appropriate. However, I have no idea what these objects are for or if i even have them in my filler valve as its not the old ballcock type filler but a fill valve.

I found a youtube video where the guy removes the same part that i am having issue with. Its the light brown washer that is all cracked after the 3 minute mark.

He has also lost the "button" thats in the middle but i still have that so just need to replace that rubber washer. Does anyone know the name or manufacturer number of that part?

• Advertisement

Are you in Dublin? I would try Smallman’s in Ranelagh. They are the same company that puts out the toiletological catalogue above.

Not in Dublin. Might give them a call anyway. Even if i can get an idea of the name of the part im after then im further forward. Thanks for taking the time to respond

for anyone who happens to come across this thread. I have found the part name/number:

Air Intake Membrane - 34990700

Unfortunately I have only found a french website that appears to sell that part thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Raymzor

Hi, I also need to replace the same washer you have highlighted in red. Did you source it? Thanks

nope nothing in ireland that i could find :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Replace the complete filler if you can, these are quite cheap in screwfix. The washers for the Siamp ones alone are about €7-8

Advertisement