Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone FTTH with Asus XT8

Options
  • 28-08-2023 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I had FTTH installed last year from NBI and was initially with sky. Vodafone are cheaper at renewal time so I'm moving to them this Friday.

My question is - I am using my own Asus xt8 router/modem and previously changed settings so that sky FTTH would work (which it did flawlessly).

Does anyone know what settings i need to change on my Asus for when Vodafone take over on Friday?

Many thanks,

Jones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Changing the PPPoE credentials to vodafone@vodafone.ie and broadband should be all you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Legend thanks very much.

I was going to ask the engineer on Friday but in my experience they don't want anything to do with it and just tell you to use the branded box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Update folks,

Vodafone came today and "installed" the new line - basicalled plugged in the vodafone box. As predicted they wouldnt get into anything about third party modem/router and just said to use the vodafone box to set up then switch over later if i wanted.

I changed the PPOE settings on my ASUS to vodafone@vodafone.ie and 'broadband' as the password and the vlan was already at 10 so rebooted my asus and the connection is working but its slightly slower than it was when working with sky. Wondering have a messed up some setting elsewhere in the router? The fact its working is good obviously but on WIFI 6 connection i would have been getting 800mb+ with sky on the same connection and same device i'm getting 560mb right now. Maybe there's an element of the line "settling down" but as this was a take over of the line i assumed i'd see the exact same speeds.

Any ideas?

Advertisement