Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability Allowance and Probate

• 28-08-2023 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello

i am currently receiving Disability Allowance and will be receiving an inheritance following the death of my mother. I’m in a quandary about what to do, I know I’m allowed to have 50000 and my benefits won’t be affected but I want to gift my children some money and have a few loans to pay back but I’m wondering if I gift money and buy things to bring me under the threshold will I be penalised for spending what is essentially my money and it’s well under the 324000 limit. I really can’t find any info off anyone, it’s not a huge amount and all the money advisors want me to buy insurance or shares. Basically I need to know if I’m allowed to say for example buy a car or something and gift money to my children without being penalised

Comments

Advertisement