Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There must be a simple solution !!

• 29-08-2023 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Newbie here to iPhones and have just bought an iPhone 14.

I mostly listen to music on Spotify but some of my favourites are not available (Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Michell Shocked etc.).

Over the years I have bought a lot of this music and it now resides on my PC. So I want to put this music onto my phone and listen to it either through Apple Music or on a stand alone app. I am at my wits end.

Is there an easy solution?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,690 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Download and instal iTunes on your PC

Import all your music on the PC to the iTunes library

Connect and sync iPhone with PC (through iTunes)

Drag and drop all or selected music from iTunes library to iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Two alternatives:

Stay with Spotify and subscribe to iTunes Match which will convert your music collection to Apple's cloud and you can then stream/download them to your phone.

Otherwise move from Spotify to Apple Music (and iTunes Match is included in the service) and use one of the many online services that will convert your Spotify playlists to Apple Music ones.

I have over 40,000 songs in my old music collection (burned from CD's) uploaded to my Apple Music account. I can stream music from Apple Music or my own music library interchangeably.

Post edited by Doodah7 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,690 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Do you have to pay for that feature in Apple Music?

Id be the same, always had my library (mostly burned from CD’s) on the computer/HD and always dropped a large chunk of it onto my iPhones over the years… Costs men nothing and I always have music on my iPhone (most of the time I’d listen to music would be on a flight so I’d have no data connection anyway!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

If you subscribe to Apple Music, then iTunes Match is included in the subscription.

Advertisement