Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike upgrade from Domane AL2

Options
  • 31-08-2023 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations for a new bike. Got my Domane AL2 at a good price last year and have since ramped up my time on the bike.

Solely ride on roads and do not/have no plans to race, mainly looking for something that'll tie me over in longer sportives. The 8 speed rear derailleur on the Domane AL2 is something I'd like to address as well as having something a bit more lightweight/less clunky.

Still relatively new to the cycling world so any and all recommendations welcome, willing to spend up to 2.5k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DrumcDub1

Anyone at all 🙏

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do you have a local bike shop you trust? that could influence your decision, if you wanted to use them and thus stick to the brands they stock.

probably hard to go wrong with the likes of giant or trek at that price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

Your 2.5k budget will make it hard for you to get a carbon framed bike, I haven't done much of a search but a Defy advanced with Tiagra would be 2.7K so that's probably your starting point.

If you like the Domane and find it comfortable you would have the option to upgrade the groupset and wheels probably for less money than your budget, with 105 and aa nice set of carbon wheels it would feel like a different bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Would second hand be an option or do you want to go brand new?

Advertisement