Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brake rotor chipped

• 31-08-2023 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Some scumbags attacked my disc lock with cutters, they left with nothing but managed to chip the front disc brake (see picture). I might be overworrying but - is it safe to ride? Is it going to affect the braking, wreck the brake pads or other bad things?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭goblin59

Run your finger over it and check for anything sharp, if there isn't anything sticking out it's probally ok.

If it was my own disc, I'd probally put a sanding disc along there to take any sharp edges off, but I think that an at your own risk thing.

Where was the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 oppy30

The bit on the inner edge is protruding, I'll try to level it out with some sandpaper I guess.

The bike was at home, out of sight from the road, probably they scoped it out in advance.

Advertisement