Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Sports] Joe_Schmidt_4_Life disputing a ban from the Rugby forum

Options
  • 31-08-2023 11:50pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is Joe_Schmidt_4_Life's thread for disputing a ban from the Rugby forum.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Thank you Spear - much appreciated.

I received a 2 week thread ban from the Ireland Thread which was upgraded to a 6 month forum ban after I pointed out that alooof was acting in a hypocritical fashion and that I had no respect for their decision.

Alooof banned me from the thread after I disagreed with their post and pointed out that their own posting was far below the standards they seemed to expect from others.

The extremely one-sided and provinicially motivated modding of the forum notwithstanding, I would like to be able to enjoy it during the upcoming World Cup.

Kind regards,

Joe

• Administrators Posts: 53,828 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Adding @ShamoBuc as the Sports CMod to look into this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hi Joe_Schmidt_4_life, I will look into this for you.

The first part of the DRP process, once you received the Ban, is that you engage with the moderator to discuss and try to come to a resolution regarding the ban.

Please confirm you have done this and post the conversation here. 

Once that is done, I will look into it further.

Hello,

My last interaction with this "mod" led to a 6 month ban.

Aloof has shown clear bias against Leinster supporters in their modding for a long time. The Ireland thread has again descended into absolute farce today, but Munster fans are never warned or banned. Aloof throws grenades into the thread hiding behind the warning and ban hammer. This feeling is being repeatedly expressed on the thread by multiple posters with long histories on the site.

I have no interest in entering into mediaton with someone who is acting either maliciously or incompetently.

You can keep my ban if you wish, but I hope that this triggers a serious review of what is happening in the rugby forum because it will only get worse once the World Cup kicks off.

Best wishes,

Joe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The first step is mediation with the Moderator, especially for a Ban of such a long duration.

Kindly engage and post the PM converstaion here, including what lead to the Ban ( screenshots) for me to look at please.

I will add, it is incumbent on the Moderator to review the process that lead to the Ban and to engage in good faith also.

Once you have that done, I will review for you.

• Advertisement

Ten days later, OP has shown that they have 'no interest in entering into mediation' and as a result the DRP cannot proceed and may now be closed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement