Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Absolutely glorious. Prom this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

It's gonna be close, the skies need to be fairly clear and if that high level haze could thin a bit then it could well be beaten, a 30c isn't an impossible target either. Alot needs to play right tomorrow for 30c, light or near calm surface airflow and plenty if not unbroken insolation. The soils' SMD on Wednesday were reported as above 25mm in the Carlow, Kilkenny, Laois, Kildare and west Dublin areas, up a bit since the farming forecast Sunday. With today's sunshine and warmth, these figures oughta have increased a bit more. This means the soils are drying out and the energy in the sun's rays can bounce of the drier ground instead of being mostly absorbed to evaporate moisture. The returned energy from the drier ground helps heat up the surface layer that bit more and thus sends air temperatures higher. All to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

Perhaps they spent the last two months in the south of Spain only for this weather to 'follow them home' 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭acequion

Today was absolutely wonderful in Tralee. I have an early finish on Thursdays so I was out at the beach by 3 and stayed there til 6. I'm used to heat from spending a lot of time in Spanish heatwaves and I wouldn't do a beach day here on less than 25C and it was easily that today and more. Just glorious and so relaxing to feel the heat and listen to the sea. Later we sat out in the garden until after 8, another rarity in Ireland but a wonderful treat. A warm night tonight so I appreciate my fan to be able to sleep. I can't bear the thoughts of returning to rain and cold, hoping for a softer landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭pad199207

A fine mild night with some hints of mist developing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Some Like it Hot🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Looking much better in D24 cloud wise this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Absolutely stunning sunrise. Ball of red in the sky this morning. Gonna be a hot one eh

15⁰ Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It’s going to be a good day. Misty sunrise in the Phoenix Park this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Much clearer skies in the east today, gonna be a scorcher, Dublin records could fall again maybe even the national one too, exciting day!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stunning morning in Kildare 17°c to start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Sryan do you sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Last night wasn't as oppressive here. Was 16c as opposed to 18c but air felt a bit more bearable. Also it will be 24 to 26c today up here with the record or near record further South n East I'd expect.

Yesterday was too hot to go to the beach though insanely I mowed the lawn n it was like running 10k.

Today I'm heading to the beach as its possibly the last day of this. Some cloud this morning though temperature not really affected. Still climbing to 18c at 8am in this almost certainly record breaking warm September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Beautiful starry night and it was surreal seeing a clear sky and feeling so much warmth in September. Foggy this morning but looking forward to the sun. The farmers are thrilled with this hot spell.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Well today's the peak, after which i will enjoy the temperatures dropping a bit over the weekend and then dropping nicely early next week. After today's peak........decent into autumn 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

28.1c in Mount Dillon yesterday the max so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

That was the most difficult night sleep I had in a while. At least I am working from home today si I can doze in front of my computer for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Very foggy and damp in Cork, hopefully it burns off soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭highdef

Was a cool night in Trim. Left for Dublin at 07:30 and it was very foggy with a temp of 14°. Was just touching 20° when I arrived at the Dublin office just over 50 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭highdef

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Beautiful warm sunny calm morning in Galway City. Pretty significant dew last night, grass is absolutely soaked and cars/windows in the shade are completely condensated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A beautiful sunny morning here in Meath, not like yesterday's cloudfest. Currently 20C here. Parts of SE England already reached 29C before 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Stunning morning in SCD. Touching 21c

Hopefully we hit 30c somewhere today!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

If this was the 2nd or 3th week of July I'd imagine we would be chasing that 33C to fall to 34C, very impressive that 30C is possible today during the second week of September. 30C and beyond is rare for Ireland even in the height of summer where we usually have to rely on Mt Dillon or the Shannon tarmac to reach such values.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That 29c in SE England was an error....was stuck on that reading all night!

Sunny and very misty in Greystones with a light sea breeze. 18.3c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

beautiful beautiful day in Navan...ill be roasting by 3 today! will enjoy this day as probably last of hot sun summer until 2024!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Manky day in Cork City dark grey humid

• Advertisement

I was thinking that was excessive, even the south of Spain rarely sees a temperature like that first thing in the morning.

Advertisement