Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Very heavy rain this afternoon, in fact it was thundery at times. I see some swallows are still about. I read recently some of them are now staying here through the winter months!

Post edited by nacho libre on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Very very wet in Cork now, pretty torrential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Horrible day again the grey slate already starting to get me down.

Seems to be a squall line on the leading edge of that front as it moves through Meath, Louth and Armagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Did 12-13°c always feel this cold?

F*ck me I must be getting worse at adapting to winter. I'm tired and I cannot warm up today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cold, damp, wet, dark, yuck, North Wicklow. It's been Autumn since the end of June. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

a beautiful Moon out now. Jupiter also shining bright and the ISS passed over a while ago to

Same here saw some around. I can imagine they have it weighed up whether the long flight is worth it!

I was sitting around a bit WFH today, no heat on etc, and felt cold too.

Since the end of June is like you described for me too, with the exception of the mad 'tropical' week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just got in from Malaga late last night and the cold here is real, it's absolutely freezing here compared to southern Spain but at least it's dry. The weather over the 10 days in Spain was great, sunny every single day and temperatures generally 24 to 28C with 21C during night time. There was only one evening where I thought it felt a bit chilly but that was largely down to coastal mist and a breeze which developed on one occassion. It has certainly helped shorten the winter slightly for me, the great spell of weather we had here at the beginning of September and then the 10 days in Spain so it's been a very warm September for me.

Back to reality now, 2 months of Autumn to go and an entire winter ahead of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I may have to go myself I need some heat ,it's so cold, and especially tonight be 4c or 5c in parts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭yagan

That's why I always book my sun holiday for the darkest months here.

It does mean I usually just go to the canaries, must try Morocco some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

So cold? Are you having a laugh ? How much above average will this month be?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a lovely day here in Meath, first day back in Ireland and it's not too bad at all, plenty of sunshine, still some warmth in the sun and blue skies. Today would have been very different if it was grey skies, wind and rain and thankfully we don't have that today.

I know but I'm cold blooded so I feel the cold more :(

Rain warning issued for Cork, kerry and Waterford tomorrow 08:00 to 20:00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Lovely day today. 15C but plenty of sunshine. Tidyied around the garden. Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

What a day to have off school, a brilliant day at the Zoo was better than a lot of summer weather!

Never been to the zoo when it was so quiet it was great.

Two tired but happy kids here this evening,

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Welcome back Gonzo, you missed nothing here only rain and more rain. Even storm Agnes turned out to be a wet fish !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The full harvest moon rising over the Baily Lighthouse this evening from the Howth Cliff Walk, the last "supermoon" of 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

I don't have any problem with winter and the dark months here. It's our rubbish spring, summer, autumn that wrecks my head. I'm not far off retiring and thankfully will be able to get out of here a lot more than I can now. If it weren't for elderly parents and other commitments here I'd sell up and move permanently. But initially I can see me spending winter months here and escaping May-October. The past four months here have been soul destroying for people who love calm weather and proper seasons. Life is too short to live in such a miserable climate when there are alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

A lot more Showery in Sligo today than I thought but they added up to nothing much. 1mm. Just a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

There was a couple of nice rainbows though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dry, bright day yesterday Meath.

Lots of lawnmowers going in the evening, one last mow (again) and probably heard the forecast at 6pm for today so ran out with mowers. Myself included ha ha

Overcast and trés dark this morning before that front hits shortly.

9⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cool dark and wet here in Castlebar. High stool beside the fire later is now certain. A miserable 9 degrees at Knock a short time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Atrocious day out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

We should be thankful for the climate we have all the same compared to other parts of the world. We don't suffer from extremes. ( not yet anyway). Temperate as temperate can be really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭pureza

170mm for September in Arklow now and rising

Wasn't expecting that after 1st week

7mm so far today and moderate rain since 830amish

• Advertisement

a rotten day here in Meath, a reminder that i'm definitely back in Ireland and a long way from the blue waters of the mediterranean.

Already thinking of a long weekend break away to Spain sometime in November and maybe another short break at Easter to break up the year and the winter.

Advertisement