Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭pauldry

Pouring rain in Sligo now. Warm rain though so going for a soaking run. Who cares its just water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Will need to change your username to paulwet so! Sorry, could not resist! Mild and breezy in Tallaght, 20° - The sun was shining until a few minutes ago and there was decent heat to be felt in direct sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some sunny breaks in Kildare now and very mild. Certainly doesn’t feel like October in Ireland that’s for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭esposito

Sweating buckets walking back home from the dentist. Mainly cloudy but some bright spells too. 21c and windy, mad weather.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

21.0c now in Greystones. Mostly cloudy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Raining and murky. Amber rain warning for Scotland up to 180mm possible luckily we’re missing out on that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some sunny breaks now although brief, feeling very warm and sticky now, could easily pass for mid July.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

And cold there too. Looks like Highlands could get pasted with snow. Was looking at (the town of) Aviemore (which is not at the top of a mountain) and the forecast is for high of 2c tomorrow afternoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭pureza

Quite nice in Bodrum so far this week

Gin blue sky and mostly around 29c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

• Advertisement

Was there for a day at the end of June and it was dirty hot! 😅

33c here today in Gran Canaria. Been to the Canaries many times over the years, mostly around this time of year and this is easily the warmest week we've had. 10c above average and the nights not dropping below 26-27.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Been in Rome since Tuesday, heading home tonight. High 20s everyday day since I've been here. Lovely city and all that apart from the heat. Sweaty weather just does my head in. Looking forward getting back to cooler weather back home ,well relatively speaking considering the warm spell that is starting in ireland today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

21c here in carrick ,I noticed alot of people on this are abroad ,I may have to go myself to canaries maybe January for 10 days

Only 16.6c in Sligo. We will be the last part of the world to have our climate destroyed by heat due to the Atlantic cold blob if its still there.

Still itl be over 20c in most places tomorrow and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

5 main stations 20c at 3pm. Malin 14c. Wet and windy but rain is lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭esposito

September/ early October seem to be very popular for Irish people going on holiday abroad.

I guess it’s a lot cheaper with kids back at school, the weather is still magnificent in the holiday hotspots and us Irish just need to get a final blast of heat and sun before a long Autumn/Winter ahead. I totally get it.

Must book a holiday for next September for a change instead of peak summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Very disappointing, the high isn’t far enough north so we’re in a wsw airflow off the Atlantic keeping us under cloud cover (surprise surprise!)

Met E says a southerly for tomorrow but I wouldn’t bet on it

Tomorrow will be warmer for sure but mist and drizzle will be near the North and Northwest and Southerly may be Southwesterly in these areas.

Anyways it doesn't matter anyways as itl be 20c much more often in the future so getting some mist may be a relief.

Yesterday was our heatwave. We got some fluke sun and 19c today is just misty and drizzly and wet all day. Tomorrow will be sunnier but not wall to wall.

For me it's guaranteed sun when the chances of proper summer weather in Ireland are gone. Id rather hang around Ireland during the peak summer months and get whatever crumbs decent weather we have going 🙂

• Advertisement

From what I see on Met Eireanns radar there seems to be rain in many parts of the country yet theyr saying its all gone by this evening bar North Ulster.

ICON was more correct. It had rain further South all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

I know its reading 20 degrees but it certainly doesn't feel it here in NCD, its very breeze, dull and drizzly.

I mean I'm not giving out its Oct but still I wouldn't be getting too excited about tomorrow if its just like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ongarite

This is the most winter like 20C day I can remember.

Rain, wind & very dull, dark already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yep I agree, if someone actually told me it was 20 degrees and I wasn't aware of forecast, I'd probably think they had a few too many!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Thoroughly unremarkable day. Sure it’s mild for October but Jesus the grey slate the on and off spits of rain the cloud down to the ground. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭alentejo

I thought it was extremely mild if not dull. Temp wise, could have been a dull July day. Lots of alfresco dining at lunch time in Dublin City Centre. I think the low light gives a slightly weird feeling about the weather thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

An unpleasant day overall. Much like most of the summer really. 20C, dull, breezy, damp, humid. This "warmth" might be remarkable for October, but there is nothing enjoyable about these conditions. Everything damp, mosquitoes everywhere. It feels unhealthy. You can almost smell mould growing. Would love a colder, fresher, properly dry spell. It would be much more useful weather.

Post edited by Hippodrome Song Owl on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

It was fairly nice this afternoon in the Tallaght area with some good warm sunny spells but very breeze. Temperature about 21/22°

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I was in Southern Italy near Lecce for a week mid September. I am not at all good with heat and I thought Sept would be ok but it was 30-33 during the day every day without a cloud in the sky. I had to avoid the searing midday sun or spend it in the water. I have never sunbathed in my life, can't do it. The nights were lovely with 19-21C. I do think Irish people will find it harder and harder to visit the Med in July/Aug due to the extreme heat. I know I will be looking at October next time.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

A calm 17c usually feels warmer than a 21c with wind. The shorter daylight also makes you feel in a different season.

How and ever I'm looking forward to 23c and if the cloud breaks it will feel very nice. Sun is the key.

Advertisement