Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Very blustery here in carrick, 50km/h gusts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Locally 3 stations above 20mm so far today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Wow, got a lot of rain up there this week, only bits of light rain drizzle and mist at times here around Tralee with low stratus like cloud, damp dull morning but dry most of the day here. Got up to 18.3C and very damp humid feel, 16.6C now. Need a good system to blow this all away, looking forward to cooler, brighter and fresher days 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

So mild out

Got the roof off an old shed this evening in a tee shirt

Going reroofing it tomorrow and Sunday. Sun lotion on standby 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Still raining a bit in Sligo. The 2pm clearance kind of happened but kept misting a bit after that. Very windy too. Don't know why it's so windy when there's a high over us.

As Joanna said "rain took its sweet time" as in we didn't think it would last so long. Hopefully good weather tomorrow isn't now scuppered but ICON which got today right shows rain at times in the NW but fine in most other places. RTE weather had rain in North Ulster like tonight was sposed to be. We actually only had about 3 or 4mm in Sligo but it was that thready mist that soaks ya as opposed to the flying drops now that don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Crossed the Alps coming back from Rome this evening. Probably the only snow I will see over the coming month's 😄😔

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

There is less and less snow on the Alps every year. The lower ski resorts are really beginning to suffer with their season shrinking. Such a pity.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Malin ended up with 34mm. 3 other stations above 30mm. One on 29mm. A lot drier in the extreme south, only 8mm at Finner. More rain than was expected but nothing in comparison to what Scotland has in store this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very windy in Galway City with some fairly strong gusts! Didn't expect this

Ya strong gusts in Sligo too. Nothing on weather about this just light to moderate winds. These weren't moderate they were fresh to gusty.

They should have Met Eireann head office in Galway as having it in Glasnevin they have no understanding of what the real weather is like in the West coz their radar doesn't work and if its dry in the East they think its nearly that good in the West.

Southern half of Ireland will have sun tomorrow very little elsewhere. Hope constant mist stops though. Its still on and off outside and wer not in North Ulster.

• Advertisement

Breezy dark morning. Mountains shrouded in cloud. 17c in Finner though 14.7c in Sligo .

Today definitely will get 24c somewhere if it clears. South Midlands has cleared a little .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heading towards 22c in Greystones (21.7c atm) and not a glimmer of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Another cloudy grey day. I suppose its good weather for the person doing their roof over the weekend. So the lesson is no matter the weather it's nearly always good for someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Complete cloud cover here in Tralee but very pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Strange hazy style cloud here near Trim, the sun if half getting through!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Some element of fohn going on in north Wicklow. Drove both ways, at different times this morning, through the Glen of the Downs/Kilmacanogue (beside the Sugarloaf) and car thermo read 27c!

19.8c atm in Greystones but was up to 24.4c earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Very hazy sunshine in longford but it's feeling quite warm with very little breezes. Have just lit the BBQ, have never had a BBQ in October.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

21C here in Meath, lovely afternoon, going to have lunch outside. Never done that before in October either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cutting the grass in t shirt and shorts. Have never done that in October

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

22.6C in Glasnevin, Dublin's highest October temperature since 1995.

• Advertisement

I've noticed for a month or more that the recorded rainfall is on drugs at that station. Over 1600mm recorded today so far ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

We are at the beach.

Ah in fairness we come a lot in winter, but this is a novelty to not have to have 5 layers on.

No sun but very mild and not a whiff of a breeze, actually nicer than some of summer days but we won't be in the water today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Tropical air 🥶

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

A grim day day and this is what we are facing in the future, with air and sea temperatures rising the inevitable result for us out in the Atlantic is more cloud and more rain. It’s a certainty.

I didn’t even bother to check the temperature today, who cares when we live under a permanent blanket of cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Aren't kids gas? We have brought the 7 year old to beach on hottest day and sometimes he decides he is not going in.

Today with hardly anyone else in water he is splashing around having a great time😁.

Glad I brought his swimsuit, even though my husband was looking at me as if I had 10 heads when I suggested it!

Not warm enough for me but paddling the feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

24.0C now at Ashford, Wicklow.

That would be the highest October temperature anywhere in Ireland since 1969, 1959 for the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful afternoon here in Castlebar with spells of warm hazy sunshine. 3pm reports show Oak Park at a pleasant 22 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

20c here in carrick but poxy cloudy I did say not everywhere will see sun but looks as If we'll cling on to the heat till Tuesday from Dublin down to inland Waterford

21.1c atm in Greystones. Got up to 25.2c at around 3pm with a fairly stiff SW breeze. No much sign of the sun today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Super day Galway city. The heat and bright conditions running the Galway Bay 10k event this morning. TG had my hat on, on the prom.

Beautiful day. The city is buzzing. Sun behind the haze now.

18⁰ Galway

Advertisement