Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Gonna be chilly tonight lows of -2c to +3c you can already feel it now ,maybe that's what the crap weather clickbait was about that's its cooler than of late which yes it is but to say its the coldest October on record when the first 10 days have been much above record 8c in spots is just utter bullshit, I'm buzzing for the Ireland V New Zealand match tonight 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Don't buzz too much. Theyl lose. Nah I'll be banned for saying that. Seriously though got to 6c numerous times today in Sligo with rain and much hail too. Haven't felt this cold in many months.

Personally I keep having a dream that Ireland lose the World Cup final to France since day 1.

Oh don't say that 😒 I'd say it will be a close match but I've a feeling Ireland will win but only 2 or 3 points in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Yes I'd say it will be very close. Despite having to play the all blacks surely it's now or never for ireland to get past the qf's with the team we have. After the depressing results of the soccer team it would be a great boost for irish sport. I'm more a soccer man then a rugby man but I like to see both teams doing well

Where crap at football always have been ,the rugger is our best sport

• Advertisement

Yup they lost. But they didn't half try. As good a performance as any of our quarter final defeats. Said the same about my native Mayo when we lost one of our 100 All Ireland Finals a few years ago. Hoodoos are terribly hard to break. Ireland will never get past the quarter final unless they get a fix of a sham draw like England. Imagine if we had Fiji thar would be a bye.

Anyways onto the weather and the frost is here. No need to put the cans in the fridge tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Love sport but not a big rugby fan. Just wouldn't be gone on the game and prefer the football of soccer or GAA. But disappointed at the loss tonight as a national loss and hoping for more nice autumn weather to cheer us all up. Today was lovely.

Ya kinda the same as you there. Not a huge rugby fan either. But fair play to Ireland. They left everything out there. Not like the soccer lads that just gave up.

Temperature 4.6c here but I'd say Mt Dillon will be the Fridge at -2c later. Nights will warm up after tomorrow and days slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Sigh. The harsh reality is we lose when it really matters. We found out yet again New Zealand are a different beast when it comes to the World Cup. They played 20 minutes with 14 men yet still had the energy to repel us at the very end. We did our best in that second half, but just came up short. It's a real sickner.

We better get an epic cold spell now to make up for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A beautiful morning with a lovely sunrise. Fog in places though with no flights landing at Shannon so far this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mount Dillon reporting -2c at 0700.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

A bitterly cold start to the morning, house was freezing when we got up at 7am.

Time to set the heating to come on in morning before we get up.

Thankfully the sunshine is out now so hopefully it will warm up and be another lovely day like yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I love this weather. Cold, crisp, sunny. Very slight bit of fog here still. Great weather for getting out and active. Looking forward to a lovely walk now.

Only downside is the cost of heating. I thought we'd get away without it yet in the morning, but still only 1C at 9am means it has to go on. Can't stay under the duvet all day!

I know it's awful 😖 and now sexton is retired too so we won't have a team cause he's gone, if only we played Fiji or something, I seen England got through ugh 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Hope so there playing south Africa as we speak 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Another week, another rainfall warning for Cork 🥲

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

At least this time we will be able to see it on the radar 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Tipperary should be included in that because every warning lately that Cork and Kerry have got has seen Tipp get just as much rainfall

Can anyone make an educated guess on what the weather is going to be like this weekend coming for the Dingle Peninsula?

• Advertisement

Storm babbet has been named by the met Office , heavy rain across parts of northern Ireland, Scotland England and gusty winds in Scotland, between Wednesday and Saturday quite along time to be in a warning ⚠️ Cork and kerry could be upgraded to orange as between 20mm best case scenario and 80mm worst case scenario could fall here

Sounds like it's going to stall, nightmare for Scotland, they've had an awful lot of rain lately (not that they're not used to it).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautifully bright fresh morning on the Kerry coast, jackets and quick steps!

That's what happened in Dublin on 24th October 2011 just a cloud burst ,yes they've had so much rain lately 😞 ,we'll get some too

Told ya it could Go to orange

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

SE winds for the most part of Babbet, lots of rain along the east coast too, the duration of this is a concern too, it just hangs around.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

One thing I’ve noticed lately with the warnings especially wind warnings is they don’t include figures anymore. Just colour coded. Now we can all check what conditions/totals are to be expected with the criteria set out for each colour but surely for the average person gusts of up to 120km/h would resonate more than “orange” wind. Seems a bit weird to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Rain Warning for Antrim, Armagh, Down

While there is still some uncertainty, there is the potential for a prolonged spell of at times very heavy and disruptive rainfall to develop on Wednesday morning, possibly continuing into Thursday. The heaviest rainfall is most likely across the high ground of Antrim and Down, although some low lying more populated areas are likely to see some heavy rainfall also. Widely 30-50 mm of rain is likely to fall, but over the higher ground of Antrim and Down, locally in excess of 100 mm of rain is possible. The rain will be accompanied some very strong and gusty southeasterly winds at times, which could exacerbate impacts.

^Yellow warning at this stage but the warning matrix has it classed as high impact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

October is like going through another March or April in the same year...it can be cold enough but you can still feel plenty of heat in the sun

• Advertisement

Yes I've also noticed that as well 😞 met eirrean is full of juniors now so they probably don't know the amount per colour category

Advertisement